Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Where to find this part?

sjmok4

City
Choctaw
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SFE
I have a 2015 SFE 3 cylinder turbo and I am in search of where to buy this little piece of plastic that goes in front of the rear wheels. One was knocked off and we cannot find it anywhere. The part number has been worn off by rocks so it cannot be read. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Did you get this car new?

Did you keep the sticker - that would show the molding kit it came with.

When one side gets knocked off, and you can't see the numbers on the one that is still attached, there's little to work with.

By what I've seen on my 2018 - being an SE model - the trim series that my car is, does not have this type of trim for the rear wheelhouse.

OP
S

sjmok4

City
Choctaw
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SFE
Thread Starter #3
Did you get this car new?

Did you keep the sticker - that would show the molding kit it came with.

When one side gets knocked off, and you can't see the numbers on the one that is still attached, there's little to work with.

By what I've seen on my 2018 - being an SE model - the trim series that my car is, does not have this type of trim for the rear wheelhouse.

Yes, I got it new and have the sticker. It's an SFE and they came with different items to help with gas mileage but not many were sold in the US so parts are hard to find. After about 8 hours of searching today and getting a dealership parts department to help, we found the part. It is an air deflector. Part c1bz-9911778-a just in case someone ever has this same question.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Wow!

Ok - Got it! - Thanks!

1692443377760.png
Woof - these things are not cheap...

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The price of parts like that deflector is high for two reasons. First one is that it’s a low demand part. Secondly ford was on the warpath to get as many fiesta off the warranty rolls as fast as possible. Certain crash parts became unavailable or on back order shortly after the DPS6 issue was determined to become a full blown recall. Many others had the retail price increased by large multiples.
By increasing certain part prices the cost of repair for collision shops goes up. Then the insurance industry steps in and writes off many otherwise repairable cars and takes them off the road.

OP
S

sjmok4

City
Choctaw
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SFE
Thread Starter #6
The price of parts like that deflector is high for two reasons. First one is that it’s a low demand part. Secondly ford was on the warpath to get as many fiesta off the warranty rolls as fast as possible. Certain crash parts became unavailable or on back order shortly after the DPS6 issue was determined to become a full blown recall. Many others had the retail price increased by large multiples.
By increasing certain part prices the cost of repair for collision shops goes up. Then the insurance industry steps in and writes off many otherwise repairable cars and takes them off the road.
That makes sense. I traded in my 2012 Fiesta because of the transmission. I bought it with 36,000 miles on it and the transmission was so bad it was in the shop 9 months out of the 12 months I had it. My current fiesta is a manual and I've never had a single issue with it. I wouldn't be surprised if this part almost put my car over the limit for them totaling it because it's not the 268.93 that is showing above, it's $396 for the repair shop. At least it's being paid by an insurance claim since I was hit and it wasn't my fault.