Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Original Coils vs stiffer Coils. What and where to buy

Fiestaseb

City
Saint-colomban
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Fiesta 2011
Good afternoon every one. It is my first attempt on a forum. I am french so be kind with me I may express myself stangely sometimes. 🤣

I am rebuilding a Fiesta 2011 for my daughter. The car is known to have a soft suspension. What coils should I use to make the car fun to drive but still confortable?

thank you for your time and havve a good day,

Sébastien 🙂

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hello. Your choice of coils are secondary to the amount of work the Fiesta you have is needing. If it has a very worn out suspension, i would be looking for a good set of dampers before I would bother with changing coils. Bilstien B6 dampers are a very high quality component. They will provide a good upgrade over the original equipment damper for not much more cost. You should also be very critical of the condition of the front anti sway bar end links. The original ones are very suspect if they have more than a year of use. Finally, there is the front ball joints. They are not difficult to replace, either as part of the lower control arm assembly or just the ball joint itself. You have to be the judge of the degree of work needed and how much you want to spend. The Fiesta has a fairly large number of good to very high quality suspension parts in the aftermarket to choose from. I can't make any recommendation's on where you can buy these parts in Canada. But, i am sure that you can find the right parts in your region.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Ford Fiesta News 0