Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Where to find Mk1 fiesta drive shaft?

City
Fountain Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Mk1 Fiesta Ghia
I recently bought a mk1 fiesta Ghia in the U.S. and it was pretty complete. The only thing missing is the passenger side driveshaft and I havent been very lucky in finsing one. Does anyone know where I could find a driveshaft?

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Have you tried the obvious RockAuto.com, etc.? Auto salvage yards? Ebay? Do you have a part number to post here (year, model, etc., too)?

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
It's going to be hard to find parts for a car that old. Try what Lions Tooth said. You might get lucky.

OP
D
City
Fountain Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Mk1 Fiesta Ghia
Thread Starter #4
Have you tried the obvious RockAuto.com, etc.? Auto salvage yards? Ebay? Do you have a part number to post here (year, model, etc., too)?
Thanks for the help, sadly I have check just about everywhere including just about every salvage yeard I could find in the local aera. But ill keep looking, somthing is bound to show up at some point.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I would be contacting auto parts stores that specifically sells imported car parts. Many of them have access to lines that are not North American. The original Fiesta was only offered from 1978 through 1980. They were fairly popular with the enthusiast community and they were club raced and rallied to death. I am not aware of any organized owners club activity around the mk1. If it is solid and not a rusted or crash rebuild. I would certainly think it's worth the effort to repair.
From the late 70's until the early 1990's it was great fun watching 20 plus car fields of ITC fiestas battle for the win at Waterford hills road course.
The mk 1 fiesta is a much loved blast from the past in the Detroit area! The cover art below is from a Detroit region SCCA. Newsletter from the early 1990's. 20210520_214718.jpg

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
I recently bought a mk1 fiesta Ghia in the U.S. and it was pretty complete. The only thing missing is the passenger side driveshaft and I havent been very lucky in finsing one. Does anyone know where I could find a driveshaft?
car-part.com, I see several available. There should be a shop near you that can rebuild them.

Last edited:
City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
I would be contacting auto parts stores that specifically sells imported car parts. Many of them have access to lines that are not North American. The original Fiesta was only offered from 1978 through 1980. They were fairly popular with the enthusiast community and they were club raced and rallied to death. I am not aware of any organized owners club activity around the mk1. If it is solid and not a rusted or crash rebuild. I would certainly think it's worth the effort to repair.
From the late 70's until the early 1990's it was great fun watching 20 plus car fields of ITC fiestas battle for the win at Waterford hills road course.
The mk 1 fiesta is a much loved blast from the past in the Detroit area! The cover art below is from a Detroit region SCCA. Newsletter from the early 1990's.
They also published a book on the creation of the Mk1. It was a very important car for Ford's survival at the time. It's a good read.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
They also published a book on the creation of the Mk1. It was a very important car for Ford's survival at the time. It's a good read.
The car really shines in rally racing.
That's why you can read any review of any Fiesta from any year, and they'll say it's a sharp-handling little car.
This car is a huge hit in the eastern hemisphere. It was never that popular here.
Too bad. An agile car that gets good mileage and has considerable room for its size is a good deal. Fun and practical.