Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2015 SE HB Build

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Thread Starter #143
So far not crazy about the new high beams....it's been raining hard so, again, hard to judge. Should see some really dark freeway miles in Utah Satuday night. Test to continue....

Getting new shoes in the morning....195/60/15 BF Goodrich Advantage Controls on the stock wheels.
High beams are just adequate....will be looking for more.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #144
Back from an 19-hour sprint trip across Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, & Nor Cal. Snow, rain, ice, cold, dry roads. New tires were solid in everything. Yay! Spent most of the time above 80 in the dry (up around 95 a few times) and 50-70 in hard-pack snow. Big fun! 33 mpg over 1150 miles in some nasty conditions. Happy. Love the aero details I need to wash off tomorrow.
20211231_125751.jpg

20211231_125637.jpg

20211231_125729_001.jpg

20211231_125713.jpg

20211231_125653.jpg

20211231_125645.jpg

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
After you have put a few more miles on the BFG's, maybe you could give us some impressions of how they behave? Do they "tramline" on grooved road surfaces? Wet traction? Noise level reasonable or do they sing on the highway?
My blue 2011 hatchback has a set of Cooper weathermaster all season 195 60 HR 15. They are good in wet but are very loud on dry pavement, especially so on concrete.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #149
After you have put a few more miles on the BFG's, maybe you could give us some impressions of how they behave? Do they "tramline" on grooved road surfaces? Wet traction? Noise level reasonable or do they sing on the highway?
My blue 2011 hatchback has a set of Cooper weathermaster all season 195 60 HR 15. They are good in wet but are very loud on dry pavement, especially so on concrete.
Just put 2300 miles on them. Solid tire. Not noisy. No issues on grooved pavement. Good in the wet and on snow-packed. Gotta say, quite pleased with them. The steering got a touch lighter but I expected that after the rocks I was running before. I haven't had BFGs since the late 80s & early 90s (Comp T/As). Same thing I expected then I got now.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Cool. I will look at a set of the BFG's for the 15 inch O.Z. Ultralight wheels that have a used up set of Dunlop Direzza tires. I was going to send the Dunlops out in a blaze of glory at an autocross. But that was two years ago and they have aged out.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #156
Took a trip to Colorado and back over the last couple weeks (avg 36 mpg). All cleaned up for a date, today.

20220609_170615-01.jpeg

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
You should have the part at your door by mid week. My neighbor is happy to let me test fit the splitter on his Fiesta in exchange for an oil change. But, it won't be available to me until next weekend. Thanks to five dollar a gallon gasoline their little fiesta is getting road trip duty and their v8 Chevy Tahoe is sitting in the garage.
I am going to be following your install with extra interest and fingers crossed that the part fits perfectly!

City
St Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'14 SE Sedan
You should have the part at your door by mid week. My neighbor is happy to let me test fit the splitter on his Fiesta in exchange for an oil change. But, it won't be available to me until next weekend. Thanks to five dollar a gallon gasoline their little fiesta is getting road trip duty and their v8 Chevy Tahoe is sitting in the garage.
I am going to be following your install with extra interest and fingers crossed that the part fits perfectly!
how did it look?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I posted some images in the thread. The one I got looks really nice. No rough edges to trim and the part has nice, smooth. Contours and no blemishing or roughness at all. Overall, i would say that it's a screaming deal for less than $75.00