Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

oil filter

City
Baytown
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta
Nope, just a wet belt. I've looked online but there isn't any info. Certainly nothing about high mileage 1.0s. They put them in a lot of cars since 2011, though. If they didn't last, there would be stories about it.
Trying to learn here, is the "wet belt" actually immersed in oil? Is a wet bely only used on the 1.0, and not the 1.6? Thanks

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Trying to learn here, is the "wet belt" actually immersed in oil? Is a wet bely only used on the 1.0, and not the 1.6? Thanks
Correct.

I strongly recommend changing the oil with the best full synthetic you can find every 5000 miles. Ford says 10000. F*ck Ford. You have a turbo and a wet belt. It just makes sense to keep them clean and not let the oil break down too much before changing it.
This stuff is good and meets all requirements.
https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/prod...VkYXBwLnN0YXRpYy9pbmRleC5odG1sP2xhbmc9ZW4tVVM

City
N/A
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta sport Ecoboost 1.0
Correct.

I strongly recommend changing the oil with the best full synthetic you can find every 5000 miles. Ford says 10000. F*ck Ford. You have a turbo and a wet belt. It just makes sense to keep them clean and not let the oil break down too much before changing it.
This stuff is good and meets all requirements.
https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/prod...VkYXBwLnN0YXRpYy9pbmRleC5odG1sP2xhbmc9ZW4tVVM
Absolutely.I change mine around twice a year.Wet belts are not that uncommon,Peugeot & Citroen have been using them since the 2000s.As long as they are looked after,& servicing is strictly adhered to,they should have a fairly long life.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
It also gives and excellent demonstration of how the valve advance and those solenoids work to accomplish it.

Some of that vid can be applied to Ford 1.6L too...

Thanks!

Spice61

City
Thailand
State
Non-US
Country
Thailand
What I Drive
Ford Firsta
My yellow dash light with the engine is on stable!
Code reading
After reset it runs about 40 Km then after restarting car when cool the engine light returns after about 2 km
The car is running smoothly?
2014 1000 cc eco boost engine!!

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
My yellow dash light with the engine is on stable!
Code reading
After reset it runs about 40 Km then after restarting car when cool the engine light returns after about 2 km
The car is running smoothly?
2014 1000 cc eco boost engine!!
You need to read the FORscan codes for a Thai car. Anyone with the right scan can do it.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Just to add to this, here's a mechanic rebuilding a Toyota. It needs to be rebuilt because the owner followed the factory recommendations, rather than changing it at 5000 (8000km), which is what you should do with any car you intend to drive for a long time.

I will add that vehicles you don't drive very much should get fresh oil yearly. My motorcycle gets that, because I usually do 3000 or less per year. Lawnmowers, snowmobiles, etc. If you want to keep it, clean oil is your first line of defense. Seasonal vehicles should get it changed before you store it.

Last edited: