Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Won't start

SpecialS

City
Peterborough
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta Titanium 2013
Hi,

I have a Ford Fiesta Titanium 2013 with the 1.0 ecoboost engine that doesn't start. It cranks, but thats it. Here is a video: https://streamable.com/m1q6m5

I have changed the battery, spark plugs, put petrol into the fuel tank and still nothing. I have been trying for the last week with no luck.

I have attached the codes that come up when I connected FORScan.

Any ideas? IMG_5578.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
There are several Codes mostly Generic

But the text means you do not have Neutral Start Safety switch in a good position - so the system detects this as a faul but might shadow other conditions.

Check fuses, and the Automatics' Shift lever location, make sure it's in park - freeplay in age of the vehicle, can goof up the sensor used to tell the system you're in Park of neutral.

So if you can - open up the Fuse Box in the engine compartment - you may need to more than just check fuses, but RELAYS - like Fuel pump and PCM relays to make sure those are good and the contacts in the Fuse box socket they reside in, are not corroded.

Other codes shown...
  • The P2123 trouble code indicates that the Engine Control Module (ECM), which is in charge of receiving a signal from the throttle position sensor, has detected a malfunction within one of the circuits of the throttle position sensor.
  • P2122 indicates that the voltage coming from your Fiesta’s throttle position sensor “D” is below the normal operating range. The most common cause of this code is a bad TPS, a damaged wiring harness going to the TPS, or damage where the harness plugs into the TPS.
  • P2138 is a generic powertrain code that can affect your Ford Fiesta’s “drive by wire” throttle system. It means that your Fiesta’s “D” and “E” throttle position sensors do not agree with one another on how much far the throttle has been opened. They should have a similar voltage output. In this case, they do not.
Got all those connectors - connected?