Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

What Engine do I have?

br37mx

City
Wake Forest
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
1985 Ford Fiesta
Just joined....hoping to get some help for an interesting project. I am pretty sure that I have a 1985 Ford Fiesta 1.1 L engine, and don't know much about it.

This is what I'm working on, hoping to get this project restarted - I haven't touched this in approximately 15 years. Anyway, here is the project:
https://www.autocycles.org/rusin.html

My current plan is to get the motor running and drive it around the neighborhood! To do this, I will be going through the motor and freshening it up. However, at this point - I'm not sure exactly what the engine is, so even buying plugs is difficult.

My question is, what is the best way to decode the year, make, model so I can start?

Thanks in advance, Bill.

PS I'm pretty sure this engine is from South Africa or the UK, which makes things difficult.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Most auto parts stores have VIN decode software that can determine what engine the car has.