Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ford Fiesta Duratec engine, Radiator overflow pipe

chakxedo

City
Algiers
State
Non-US
Country
Algeria
What I Drive
Fiesta MK7.5
Hello
I have a 2015 Ford Fiesta Mk7.5 with 150.000 km (93.000mile),Duratec engine i'm the first owner of the car.
The climate where i live is similair to southern Europe so it's not so cold in the winter and warm in the summer and i never had any overheating problems But this summer was very hot, it reached 48c and that day while i was driving home from work the Radiator started leaking and luckily i smelled the coolant and stopped immidiately so nothing happened to the engine.
so i bought a Radiator, anyways i checked it and there was no Bleeding valve like the one i had, so i asked the Seller and he told me that this is not a bleeder but it's where the overflow pipe connects the radiator to the Coolant tank, so i checked online and i found that half of the Fiestas with the same year/Engine have a bleeder and the other half have an Overflow pipe or "Automatic Bleeder" as they called it, so do you have any idea why some models doesn't have it ? and do you think that i should add an overflow pipe or should i live it like it was ?

Attachments