Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta today?

City
lawrenceville
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hatchback, w/ manual
Replaced my high beams because one wasn't working, which turned out to be an issue with one of the cables or fuses, not the light, decided to deal with it later. In the meantime, I cleaned my engine bay a little (the previous owner really got it dirty) topped off my coolant, and got my battery checked. Other than the light everything went great, and I plan to change my own oil for the first time in a week or two. I'm sure it's placebo but after doing everything to it, it felt like it drove better. I will try to take pictures at some point to share with you all!

City
lawrenceville
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
I know this doesn't have to do with the stickers, but I saw on your about that you have a cold air intake. Could you tell me how that has performed for you? and how hard was it to install? I know I and plenty of others are looking for ways to boost performance without doing anything gun-ho, this seems like a great option to me.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I know this doesn't have to do with the stickers, but I saw on your about that you have a cold air intake. Could you tell me how that has performed for you? and how hard was it to install? I know I and plenty of others are looking for ways to boost performance without doing anything gun-ho, this seems like a great option to me.
I haven't fabbed it up, yet. I plan on using these bits off one side to route the tube into a cooler intake area. Just want more and cooler air. I will retain the stock filter location with my K&N filter. Stay tuned!
1620830040188.png 1620830069880.png

City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
14 Fiesta SE
I ordered the intake from RC2. I had to order it over the phone, but the guy was pretty cool. The instructions were written kind of poorly, but if you're mechanically inclined even in the slightest, it's easy to figure out. I did have an issue with one screw not being machined properly, but I got it in with a little bit of elbow grease. The install took about 30 minutes, and was pretty straightforward. As for performance, there is a much throatier sound from the engine bay. Sounds really good, and it may be placebo, but it definately feels like the car is chomping at the bit, especially in second and third gear. Overall, I would definitely recommend the install. I ran the kn filter in the stock airbox for a few years and I felt like there was a slight improvement, but with the cold air system there's no mistaking it

City
lawrenceville
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
I ordered the intake from RC2. I had to order it over the phone, but the guy was pretty cool. The instructions were written kind of poorly, but if you're mechanically inclined even in the slightest, it's easy to figure out. I did have an issue with one screw not being machined properly, but I got it in with a little bit of elbow grease. The install took about 30 minutes, and was pretty straightforward. As for performance, there is a much throatier sound from the engine bay. Sounds really good, and it may be placebo, but it definately feels like the car is chomping at the bit, especially in second and third gear. Overall, I would definitely recommend the install. I ran the kn filter in the stock airbox for a few years and I felt like there was a slight improvement, but with the cold air system there's no mistaking it
that sounds like exactly what I want! what are your thoughts on the KN intake kit over the RC2? I watched a Scotty Kilmer video on why not to replace the intake, and while I know he tends to be very negative he still made some good points. After watching it I have a few questions, have you noticed any check engine lights or had to mess with the computer at all? how long have you had it installed and have you noticed any changes in performance since it was installed? The main point he made was that the sensors don't know its a new intake and that it may cause it to decrease performance due to the computer changing the air to fuel ratio or something like that. I figure it changes from car to car, so I thought it would be a good idea to ask the forum.

City
lawrenceville
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Changed my oil and filter for the first time, also replaced the motorcraft air filter with a high flow K&N filter, then reset my ECU. I am very impressed with the air filter, rev matching and heel toe has become worlds easier, smoother, and quicker. definitely got a little bit of horsepower gain overall, but the throttle response is more what I'm happy about.

City
St Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'14 SE Sedan
Changed my oil and filter for the first time, also replaced the motorcraft air filter with a high flow K&N filter, then reset my ECU. I am very impressed with the air filter, rev matching and heel toe has become worlds easier, smoother, and quicker. definitely got a little bit of horsepower gain overall, but the throttle response is more what I'm happy about.
Should I reset my ECU with this application? I have the same but never reset

City
lawrenceville
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Should I reset my ECU with this application? I have the same but never reset
Econo is right, its not necessary but it can help when changing different parts like the intake. Essentially when you changed your filter, your ecu was using the values from the original air filter for fuel ratios and what not when you were using a new filter. Resetting the ecu can help get the full performance out of the new install, and even gas mileage sometimes. It might still be worth doing so for you to possibly get better fuel economy, but your ecu should be running like it should with your new filter now. For anyone wondering, all I did to reset was unplug the negative terminal of my battery and isolate it from any metal. then pressed random buttons, brake etc. to get any charge out of the system. then plugged it back in, let it idle for about 15 minutes and i was done.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Drove 1213 miles; rain, snow, heat...got it all...no water in the box, but the plate smashed on the ground three times on the way. Gonna create a new bracket for that. There is too much slop in the two hitch receivers, so I need to make some shims to keep the rear off the basket up higher.

20210521_115326-01.jpeg
20210522_082332-01.jpeg
20210521_084818-01.jpeg

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
How much "slop" are we talking about? More than one inch of movement up-down or side to side?
My tray setup had about three quarters of an inch of play if i just installed it as is, out of the box. I was more concerned about how low the thing is.
What is your loaded ride height?
Did you get a chance to weigh the basket and bin fully loaded up?
I will pm you a drawing tomorrow of one of the adaptor solutions i was looking at. It would eliminate the little to big adaptor and it should hold the basket about 15 inches above the road. Maybe a bit more. I can't remember exactly. I tried four different configs on the way to what i ended up with.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
I loaded the basket with 80 lbs. The car got another 152 lbs loaded in the rear seat & rear storage area. Ride height went to 6.5 inches at outer flange of the left rear beam pickup. The slop left/right is about 1 inch out at the very edge of the basket. Not much but I would like less. The combination of ride height loss from weight and slop in the tow receives made the basket too low to the ground. I need to get some shim stainless steel to raise the rear of the basket back up (by taking out the slop).
1621802694945.png
20210521_055432.jpg