Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

uscscjohn

City
Hermosa Beach
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SES
Welcome to the forum. Could you share some details about the process of getting the. transmission repair? Number of times to achieve the Fix? Some people who had issues got them corrected by replacement of clutch packs and seals and a couple of software changes. Others got new controllers as well as new transaxles .
I have a 11 SES Hatchback that I purchased with a little rear end damage as a project car. It has a service replacement transaxle that works just fine. It still has the distinctly strange feeling when reversing, a slight slipping or fluttering feel. Which is normal for reverse. It would be informative to learn about the experience of others.
I don't know what all the dealers did. I know the entire clutch was replaced once. Typically, my daughter took the car in and picked it up. Once the car was in for about two weeks.

She REALLY had problems. The car often essentially "stalled" when she moved from a stop making merging etc a dangerous proposition. She ended up getting a subaru and hoped Ford would buy back the car. (Ford didn't.) I took it in and a dealer replaced the TCM and reprogrammed it. So far so good. From what I understand the TCM replacement is now in its 6th generation or so. Maybe this one will work. I hope it does. The car is otherwise great. (Had I purchased the manual for hereto would have been perfect.)

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thanks for the update! If you return to a Ford dealership in the next few weeks for any kind of routine maintenance. Request that the service writer run an OASIS report. That might reflect the level of upgrades that were performed most recently.,
An OASIS report will also list any other recalls that are open on the particular car you have.
From the other people I have talked to that had issues, the early Fiesta had the worst problem with leakage and slipping or default neutral failure.
The later cars had more learning/ functionality issues. And the people who had the Least number of problems across the entire time (both early and later versions of the DPS6) were owners who had a lot of previous experience driving a manual transmission vehicle.
People who had never driven a manual transmission were the people who had the most problems, the earliest. The car really needs a driver who understands how important it is to make decisive actions on the gas and brake pedals when driving. No feathering or tentativeness. Just like the way you would drive a manual transmission!
I would suggest that you always drive it like you were running a little late, that is the way I believe that it wants to be used! The DPS6 in the Focus is a whole other level of issues, that transaxle has the same technical issues with the added problem of being a heavier car. So, I suspect that the clutch pack wear may be a much bigger thing to correct..

Last edited:

uscscjohn

City
Hermosa Beach
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SES
Are you aware of any way to get a vehicle service report that will show every transmission repair done by Ford on the vehicle? I am certain Ford has this info. I just don't know how to get a report.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
A complete history report? No. But the Oasis will have the most recent information. I would think that would include what level of upgrades the subject vehicle has. But, I don't think that it will show you the sequential history of services. Asking for a report doesn't cost you anything.
The full service history of any car is still created and maintained by it's owners. When we put the invoices from the work done in a folder, we have the most complete record for maintenance possible.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hello there, from central america
Welcome to the forum. Post up an image of your Fiesta! Does Central America get the 3 door hatchback or the 5 door? I cannot recall seeing a discussion of what variation is offered in your part of the world?

City
Gt
State
Non-US
Country
Guatemala
What I Drive
2014 ford fiesta
Theres no official distribution of the Fiesta here, this one is coming from East USA
In my country Theres a bunch of imported Ford fiesta vehicles, (hatchback and sedanes mostly SE trims, but I Saw a few ST ocasionally) but the local Ford dealer says "no spare parts, no service for your car" because its coming from USA, not sold here locally
I wrote to ford, but still waiting a response

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Heres a pic //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200507/beee1df450928dca4e466b082dca3d70.jpg
You should be able to get parts shipped to you from the States! I have sold old Ford Mustang parts to Sweden, Poland, the Philippine Islands and New Zealand! So, make a list of needed parts. I'm not sure how long the customs process or duties costs are, but it's just a matter of learning the process. Did you get the windows tinted locally or did it arrive with the tint?

City
Gt
State
Non-US
Country
Guatemala
What I Drive
2014 ford fiesta
Its a 3M tint from the previous owner
The only missing part I can notice is the outside temp sensor, because I have no temperature reading in the display

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Its a 3M tint from the previous owner
The only missing part I can notice is the outside temp sensor, because I have no temperature reading in the display
You should look into the owners manual for the vehicle settings. My 2011 didn't have a temperature display either when i got it from the dealership. If you go into the settings menus you should be able to select thermometer and also display in C or F.

City
Gt
State
Non-US
Country
Guatemala
What I Drive
2014 ford fiesta
You should look into the owners manual for the vehicle settings. My 2011 didn't have a temperature display either when i got it from the dealership. If you go into the settings menus you should be able to select thermometer and also display in C or F.
Just made that part, but a friend told me of the reading is - -. - the sensor is either disabled or missing from the conector under the front bumper

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Just made that part, but a friend told me of the reading is - -. - the sensor is either disabled or missing from the conector under the front bumper
It's part# DY-1160 , Motorcraft service part
The Ford base part number is 12A647 for reference purposes. 233912.jpg

Last edited:
City
Charlottetown
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SES 4Dr Hatchback
Hey everyone. I bought a 2011 Fiesta SES Hatchback that needs some TLC. I'm willing to put in the work, especially since I'm about to start an auto tech course at my local college.

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Hey everyone. I bought a 2011 Fiesta SES Hatchback that needs some TLC. I'm willing to put in the work, especially since I'm about to start an auto tech course at my local college.
Welcome, what's all wrong with it?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
New here. Own a 2013 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
Welcome to the forum. Post up a couple of images and what are you planning to do with it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Handy Andy General Automotive Discussions 10