Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

kiZoo

City
West Allis
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Fiesta SE
Hey everyone!
Hope everyone is healthy and hanging in there!
Greetings from snowy Wisconsin!

I recently picked up a 2012 Fiesta SE hatch. Manual trans with 202,000 highway miles.
This little zetec 1.6L seems bombproof so far. Just now got a CEL code P0420, so gonna have to mess with that soon.
All in all, I really love this car. I have new shocks and struts assemblies as well as brake drums, shoes waiting to be slapped on.
Looking forward to doing some mods this year. I think I found the place for all the info I will need
Thanks for having me,

KiZ

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #163
Hey everyone!

I recently picked up a 2012 Fiesta SE hatch. Manual trans with 202,000 highway miles.
This little zetec 1.6L seems bombproof so far. Just now got a CEL code P0420, so gonna have to mess with that soon.
All in all, I really love this car. I have new shocks and struts assemblies as well as brake drums, shoes waiting to be slapped on.
Looking forward to doing some mods this year. I think I found the place for all the info I will need
Thanks for having me,

KiZ

Welcome aboard!

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Welcome aboard, Wisconsin State Fair Park man, says the IndyCar fan!

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Hey everyone!

Thanks for having me,

KiZ

Welcome!

But for your P0420 Code, Looks like your Catalytic Converter system is pulling a "John Denver" 420 moment.

P0420 OBD-II Trouble Code: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) (yourmechanic.com)

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Hello, I am very interested into getting into the car scene anyone got any tips?
Read, read, read...this forum & the Fiesta ST forum. Ask questions here. There really are no dumb questions and lots of good people here to help or guide. Get out to a Cars & Coffee event when the weather gets better in Ohio. Until then, we got your back! Welcome!

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Hello, I am very interested into getting into the car scene anyone got any tips?
It's a big scene. Do what Lions Tooth said. Go to some auto events and look around. There are tons of cars and car sports. See what grabs you.

Dahark

City
Apollo
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Ford Fiesta
Hi all. My name is Doug and I am from western PA. I drive a 2011 Fiesta, 5 speed manual. I need to replace the clutch and have decided to pull the motor and tranny both. What all would you replace while they are out? Obviously, water pump and timing belt, but anything else in particular? Tia.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hello and welcome to the forum. I would tackle the clutch replacement as a separate job from the timing belt and its tensioner and the water pump as its own task. Don't make it a more intensive experience than it already is.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Pulling both motor & gearbox...if it was me? I would do the timing belt & tensioner. It's cheap and always easier out of the car. I would not replace the water pump unless it is showing signs; sometimes best to let sleeping dogs ly. Check for leaks all around and replace any gaskets as needed. Replace the half-shaft seals at the gearbox (cheap & easier now). If you are up for pulling the flywheel, a new main shaft seal is a good idea (again cheap & easier now), since your gonna be in there.

Welcome aboard!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Half shaft seals are a definite must do. Then either change or just top up the gear lube. It is very expensive stuff. Eight or ten bucks worth of seals retains around 75 or 80 bucks worth of synthetic gear oil! So, when you see a gear oil drip puddle on the garage floor, it is literally lost money that you cannot pick up.

City
Blooming Grove
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
White 2017 Ford Fiesta SE Sedan
Welcome to the Ford Fiesta Forum. Please take a moment and introduce yourself, tell us what you currently drive or just say "Hi".[welcome]

Thanks again for joining, and welcome aboard!
Hi - I am new to the Fiesta Forum. I had an Oxford White 2011 Ford Fiesta SES Sedan with the Automatic Transmission that I purchased new before reaching 106,500 Miles. Since I knew that I might have problems
with the automatic transmission, I traded it in for a New 2017 Ford Fiesta SE Sedan (also in Oxford White).
I believe that 2017 was the year that Ford fixed the problems with the automatic transmission. I am up to
80,000 miles right now with no transmission problems.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Welcome to the forums! I was also a new 2011 Fiesta buyer. I have to ask, did you have an ongoing issue with your 2011? Or, was the transmission issue something that you had read about occurring with some owners?
If you had few or no issues with the DPS6 transaxle, were you an experienced user of manual transmission cars prior to buying your 2011?

City
Blooming Grove
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Welcome to the forums! I was also a new 2011 Fiesta buyer. I have to ask, did you have an ongoing issue with your 2011? Or, was the transmission issue something that you had read about occurring with some owners?
If you had few or no issues with the DPS6 transaxle, were you an experienced user of manual transmission cars prior to buying your 2011?
Hi Scotman!

When I had my 2011 Fiesta, the automatic transmission would struggle in second gear.
However, it never stalled on me. Believe it or not, the only other cars I drove with
Manual Transmissions were my late father’s 1973 Mercedes Benz 220 Diesel
Sedan, followed by his 1980 Mercedes Benz 240 Diesel Sedan. Both of those
cars were built like tanks!

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Hi Scotman!

When I had my 2011 Fiesta, the automatic transmission would struggle in second gear.
However, it never stalled on me. Believe it or not, the only other cars I drove with
Manual Transmissions were my late father’s 1973 Mercedes Benz 220 Diesel
Sedan, followed by his 1980 Mercedes Benz 240 Diesel Sedan. Both of those
cars were built like tanks!
I'm afraid the manual tranny is going the way of the dodo.
I'm so glad to have such a fast car with a slick 6-speed. It's so fun to drive, if you have the skill for it.

City
Blooming Grove
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
I'm afraid the manual tranny is going the way of the dodo.
I'm so glad to have such a fast car with a slick 6-speed. It's so fun to drive, if you have the skill for it.
Hi Econoboxrocks! Nice Ride! According to Edmunds, only 13% of all new cars sold in the USA in 2020 had
manual transmissions. I feel badly for the clutch manufacturers! How do you like the handling on your Fiesta?

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Don't worry, driving in general will go the way of the dodo once everything's automated.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Hi Econoboxrocks! Nice Ride! According to Edmunds, only 13% of all new cars sold in the USA in 2020 had
manual transmissions. I feel badly for the clutch manufacturers! How do you like the handling on your Fiesta?
It's everything they say. Very much like a go kart.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Handy Andy General Automotive Discussions 10