Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Random dangling hose!!

dj_brian

City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4 dr Hatchback
I have a random hose hanging that looks to have a ?sensor? at the end and is supposed to be attached somewhere but I'm unable to find the location. I'm a semi disabled Army veteran recovering from spinal fusion and a total knee replacement so I'm unable to get underneath to further inspect. Any insight would be amazing. Thank you. VideoCapture_20210722-181437.jpg VideoCapture_20210722-181517.jpg VideoCapture_20210722-181500.jpg

Last edited:

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
That is a "Breather tube" to allow the fumes that build up in the Transaxle and Transmissions - to vent so they don't "burst" a seal .

In your photo - the hose "clips" those two "tangs" fit on the front by the Radiator shroud on top - it's just a pressure relief vent to keep the seals from blowing out.

1627005010675.png

A Closer look

1627006136464.png
If the "tab" that this cover clips to, if you look closely at the photo you supplied in your post, you will see the metal "gator" that bites into that radiator shroud tang, if that clip broke - you can just use a simple Zip Tie to keep that vent up towards the top of the radiator shroud. Just don't pinch or kink the hose if you can avoid it.

This vent needs to be kept higher than the transaxle and transmission housings, else it will try to siphon out fluid that will fill the tube as the fumes and pressures expand the volume of the oil while driving - it will leave a puddle under the car - when that starts to cool down - it can pull it out by siphoning at the case.

Last edited:

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
@Handy Andy; you remind me that not everyone is douche. So much crap out there and I come here and you and few a others are so dammed helpful. I know cars but not my Fiesta all that well. I looked at this post was like "Well, I got nothin' for this person." And you jump in with these detailed responses. Thank you! You are appreciated, here.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
2nd on LT's comment. Those detailed replies are what could be expected from one of those online mechanic advice websites. People normally pay money for that level of information.
I hope that all the people who sign onto this forum understand the value of that degree of diligence.
I view this site as predominantly a space for enthusiasts of ford fiesta. As such, i prefer to pursue projects that address some issue with the usability, functionality or durability of the car.
I also believe that there is some potential for some customized versions.
With no replacement for Fiesta on the horizon, i intend to take advantage of the situation and explore what is possible to do. This is where depreciation is our friend.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Thanks guys, but if it was not for people like the both of you for even participating and sharing stories with the rest of us, I'd have nothing else to do!

I mean - sharing photos of your travels? Putting "kits" together? Man! I wish I could do more of that but around here, there's too many people thinking they don't have to stop at stop lights anymore. Those that do stop - are just trying to avoid getting creamed or taken out by the other side or cross traffic. (Read this as a Negative tilt towards the privileges of driving - sharing the road with and for others.)

Bless them that actually DO stop, at least they make the others wait like the old days - "old days" being the Metaphor for "not too long ago, people behaved."

But anyways, if it was not for a Forum like this, I would not know my Fiesta as well as I have learned so much here from people - like you - that post their experiences - better than a Repair Manual - at least you get a heads up before you have to dig out the manual and bone up on the problem.

You guys deserve the credit...

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
If you have trouble getting under there to deal with it, maybe you have a friend who can. Wouldn't take long if they're flexible.