Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Left Front rattle.....

OP
S

split

City
New Braunfels
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Fiesta Sedan SE
Thread Starter #21
I know my duel clutch rattles when selecting gears a little. Happens more when your weak on the throttle and brake.
Any idea what in the trans/clutch is actually rattling? Do these have pilot bearings or pilot bushings?
It does not seem right to me that this would be considered normal.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I might have a possible explanation. If you open the hood and look closely at the cowl panel at the base of the windshield, there are several metal clips that hold the leading edge of the plastic, vented panel over the wiper drive mechanism.
If one or more of those clips are missing a vibration or rattle can result. These clips hold the two sections of the cowl together that are the protective shroud for the wiper transmission and also channel water away from the engine compartment.
This could be a source of the noise. When i created a ducted and vented hood for my 2011 Fiesta there were several conditions that occurred in making the hood panel direct airflow. One of them was rattle or fluttering sounds and the other was humming or whistling.
I eventually resolved the noises by removing the underhood sound deadening and caulking all the air gaps between the hood frame and the outer panel. Including tape over every hole in the hood frame except for the prop rod rest. Then the hood was quiet. I will guess that your noise originates in the cowl area.
20210605_072238.jpg 20210605_072213.jpg

Last edited:

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I might have a possible explanation. If you open the hood and look closely at the cowl panel at the base of the windshield, there are several metal clips that hold the leading edge of the plastic, vented panel over the wiper drive mechanism.
If one or more of those clips are missing a vibration or rattle can result. These clips hold the two sections of the cowl together that are the protective shroud for the wiper transmission and also channel water away from the engine compartment.
This could be a source of the noise. When i created a ducted and vented hood for my 2011 Fiesta there were several conditions that occurred in making the hood panel direct airflow. One of them was rattle or fluttering sounds and the other was humming or whistling.
I eventually resolved the noises by removing the underhood sound deadening and caulking all the air gaps between the hood frame and the outer panel. Including tape over every hole in the hood frame except for the prop rod rest. Then the hood was quiet. I will guess that your noise originates in the cowl area.
View attachment 5340 View attachment 5341
I mentioned that in post 2....don't know if split checked that or not.

OP
S

split

City
New Braunfels
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Fiesta Sedan SE
Thread Starter #24
The clips are all in good shape, no movement.
As per the last many threads, pretty sure its the clutch/mechanism