Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Megan Racing front swaybar and Whiteline Links

Acing

City
Central
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE Manual Hatchback
Hello all,

So my buddy ordered the Megan Racing front swaybar and Whiteline end links off Ebay the other day and asked if I could help him install them.

The box that the bar was shipped in is sturdy and didn't get damaged in shipping.

The Megan Racing front swaybar came with rubber bushings and caps but not bolts.

The instructions are color and state removal of the subframe is required. We didn't completely remove it.

Started by removing the stock swaybar end links.

Once the swaybar end links where removed we removed removed the two subframe braces.

Next we removed the two bolts holding the rear of the subframe.

Next we needed to loosen but not remove the two funky bolts holding the front of the subframe.
This would allow us to "swing" the subframe down and out of the way as to allow the removal and fitment of the new swaybar.
These bolts are some sort of weird reverse torx type head. Had to take a quick drive to the auto parts store for the right socket.

Once the subframe was hanging loose we had room to sneak a ratchet up and remove the stock bolts.
Kind of a tight fit, but we got it.

Four bolts and some wiggling around and we got the old stock swaybar out.
Here you can see how thicc the new bar is compared to the stock bar.

With considerable effort and we fit the new bar up. What a pain in the booty it was to get it in place.
Ended up removing the rear motor mount and exhaust mount in order to "swing" the subframe a bit more as the new bar is larger.

Next we fit the Whiteline Adjustable swaybar end links. Looks good.

The links where a breeze to install and it's nice that they are adjustable.
With everything put back together and properly torqued, time for a test drive.
The difference was small but noticeable. Now it is worth noting that he has already installed the FRPP sport suspension package which I believe lowers the car a touch and stiffens the suspension. Along with the Whiteline rear swaybar.
We where both in agreement that without the additional suspension work the difference between stock swaybar and the Megan Racing one would be much more noticeable.

With an afternoon of work the new swaybar and links are installed. Time to admire the car.

It really is a good looking car.

K bye.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Thanks for the awesome pics and narrative!

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
+1 ! [wrenchin][cheerleader][raceflag]

Nice documentation effort!

OP
Acing

Acing

City
Central
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE Manual Hatchback
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the awesome pics and narrative!
No problem man. I intend to document a lot of the work we do to the Fiesta here. If you have any ideas for "cost effective" mods let me know.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
That was a great pictorial guide! What happened to the pictures? It hasn't been posted up for very long at all.