Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Heated/turn signal mirror upgrade/replacement pre-wired door?

Glacknor

City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta
Anyone know if the doors are pre-wired for the heated/signal mirrors? This is a 2013 Fiesta. It's actually a co-workers car, I'm not sure of the sub-model. She broke her passenger mirror, needs to be replaced and since I'm the car guy at work, she asked for my help.

The car was in an accident years ago, and the passenger door fully replaced. Sadly, the owner didn't notice it was the wrong door (or at least wrong mirror), with non-heated, non-signal mirror till much later. Drivers side IS heated/signaled, as it came when she bought it new. I know my 2013 Mustang IS pre-wired for the optional upgraded mirrors up to the inside door connector, so I imagine the Fiesta is as well.

Also, any ideas where I can find a good price on said mirror? They're around 80-150 on eBay.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I can't recall if the wire harness for the heated mirror and signal lamp is common to all power window equipped Fiesta. My guess is that harness is not there in the door shell simply because of the number of functions that are enabled through FORSCAN build applications. When the car was built many functions/features had to be enabled in order for them to be accepted and functional. The heated mirror is a high power demand component, leading me to say that it is probably an "as built" selected item.
The situation today would suggest that you call a few salvage yards to locate another whole door assembly with the proper mirror in the correct color. It might be easier than the alternative of adding a wire harness. Good luck.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
IMG_20200517_120449.jpg

This LH mirror is a heated mirror with the signal. It shows 6 pin locations occupied. The wire harness in the RH door should have 6 wires to feed the mirror (my guess). If it does, a replacement should be an easy swap.

Last edited:
OP
G

Glacknor

City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for your response scotman!

Ok, so it's been replaced.

I noticed both mirrors, the heated/signal mirror and the normal one had the same 12pin connector. I figured at the very least, I can connect it and the mirror motor should work, so I ordered the heated/signal mirror (at least the mirrors would now match and not look stupid, lol!).
The wiring in the door had 6 wires, like the mirror above (I didn't think to look at the mirror being removed, should have). Hooked it up, everything seems to work as expected (motor moves, signals work). Not 100% sure on the heating, the icon on the mirror (either of them) didn't light up, is it supposed to? We turned the rear window defrost on, that's what activates the heated mirrors according to Google. My Hondas heated mirrors lit the icon when on, and also had a dedicated button. They did seem to get a bit warmer, but that may have been me. In any case, this is San Diego, rarely, if ever, need heated mirrors.

It's also possible the body shop used an empty door shell and brought the harness from the wrecked door over (the car originally came with the heated/signal mirrors). Really no way to know for sure. So, I'm not sure if it was truly pre-wired or not. Given my history with Fords (Mustangs mostly), I'm guessing it is though.

It took all of about 30-40 minutes in my work parking lot at night, while teaching the owner a little about cars in the process. Not as easy as my Mustang, but still very simple.