Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2013 Ford Fiesta Transmission will not shift into reverse

PatTech

City
Clinton
State
MS
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta
I'm getting a indicator light relating to the transmission. The car will not shift into reverse. Once I turn on the auxiliary switch its like a the car can't detect whether or not the shift selector is in the park position before allowing the vehicle to engage the starter. Ford said that it sounded like a shift solenoid. Can anyone experienced this issue? If so please give me some advice. Thanks.

O-M-A-R

City
Stockton On Tees
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta 2008
I'm getting a indicator light relating to the transmission. The car will not shift into reverse. Once I turn on the auxiliary switch its like a the car can't detect whether or not the shift selector is in the park position before allowing the vehicle to engage the starter. Ford said that it sounded like a shift solenoid. Can anyone experienced this issue? If so please give me some advice. Thanks.
Hi
I have a Ford Fiesta 2008
I have the same problem as well it doesn't always go into reverse the first time.

It might help if you follow these steps.
1. Pump the clutch a few times in neutral with handbrake on.
2. If it gets stuck in reverse change the gears a few times before putting it in reverse again.

Please note these solutions only fix my problems temporarily.

Also, if you are having troubles with your gears the problem may be with the clutch. Because my clutch is worn out and it is difficult to shift gears.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk