Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2013 Ford Fiesta SE. My front brake pads have already been replaced so ?

City
Rapid City
State
SD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 SE Ford Fiest 4 door Hatchback
Does this mean I do not have to refit them or drain the brake fluid if I am replacing them once again ? Thanks.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
It is a normal thing, the braking places all the weight forward, so replacing the pads from the front first is considered normal. But rear pads need to inspected and even replaced if they are past 10 years - as to offer better braking and protection - cheap insurance - so the linings and drums are at least inspected before they fail.

OP
S
City
Rapid City
State
SD
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
Fiestas have drum brakes in the rear not pads like you said pads for Fiestas are only in the front.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Fiestas have drum brakes in the rear not pads like you said pads for Fiestas are only in the front.
And you'd be correct, but they too have linings on the SHOES, so since there are aftermarkets for rear disc conversions - have to cover any bases I would otherwise bog the thread down by asking "Do you have this or this or that, there by the thingamaggigy with that doo-dad on it by the whatchamacallit?"

I hope you can see where it would get tedious...

OP
S
City
Rapid City
State
SD
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #6
I hear you well you are more then helpful you 2 must work at the Ford in Michigan which is why you 2 are extremely helpful the Fords here just will talk to you for about 10 sec then ask you to bring your vehicle in so they can almost murder you for diagnoses and the repair job diagnoses runs now 150.00 shit lol I hope you can see where this gets so EXPENSIVE lol.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
In the dealership service department defense. Nobody anywhere can diagnose an automotive issue with a high degree of accuracy from a distance. That is really just too much to expect.
Anyone who registers for this forum has full access to every single thread and a search bar that will make finding discussion about the area of your interest pretty easy to find.