Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Wrench Light NO CRANK NO START

City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Fiesta
My 2012 Fiesta is throwing a wrench PCM/Electronic throttle body code sporadically only when trying to start it. When I go to start and the light is on it is a no crank no start. When it's off it starts right up. I have replaced the radiator fan, the battery, the ignition switch, the throttle body, used fuel system cleaner, filled up with premium. I tried putting a second ground cable from the battery. Also the transmission is locked in park. Using the neutral safety switch and going out of park sometimes gets the light to turn off and it will start right up. Everything I've described above has created start conditions sporadically. I feel like it's getting worse does anyone have any idea where to go from here? Only 78k miles 16604410499458643659298378309420.jpg

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
This sounds like loose or failing wiring.

I know you didn't want to hear that.

But where the harnesses branch off from the main wiring - that "Wrench light" might mean something of an issue with the harness on the TOP of the motor, (the Solenoids or the CAM advance) sensors towards the output side of the engine, or near (or at) the sensor that is on the flywheel (engine and transmission mounting together area) that sensor or it's plug/harness - might need some attention.

The issue is; it is sudden, so it's related to a communication - so that usually means a sensor is barely hanging on. More than likely, it is the CRANK sensor (on the front side, of where the transmission and engine meet) or the harness to the top of the motor to find the CPS (Cam Position Sensor) at the top of the motor.

I'd start there.

OP
J
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Fiesta
Thread Starter #3
I will check that out now I'll let you know of an update thank you brother

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
It would not be out of the question to also check and see if those engine relays - if they are original, they might be on the way out - it's been a hot year and that heat is hard on those relays