Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Service engine with orange wrench

City
Jeffersom
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 fiesta
I have a 2012 Ford fiesta 1.6 L The orange ranch has come on and I stopped at a dealership to check the codes and they can’t find any clothes but I keep getting the service engine soon light anybody have any fixes for this

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Well, didn't the Dealer reset the light for you?

You just may have the "Maintenance reminder light" as a XXX,XXX number of miles, you should check on and maintain YYYY sort of thing...

If not codes, and your I/M information Monitoring is showing PASS or READY then the messaging reminder light isn't supposed to put you into limp mode.

That's' the interesting part.

So, if the Dealer couldn't find anything, yet your vehicles in "limp mode" then you should have the little engine light too. IT's almost a requirement - for by then you'd have codes set.

So, you can try and see if this is a glitch or something the mileage odometer "checker" the OBD has inside it's own CPU - you may need to clear that "Wrench"

Do this...

Turn car off - leave it off for several hours - cool it down.

Get into the car - put in the key, don't turn it yet, place your feet on the Brake and Throttle at the same time - press them down firmly (to the floor) and hold - turn the key - past ACC to ON and don't start the motor - just hold the pedals to the floor for at least (For me) 10 seconds. This lets the lights on the dash wink out, and you'd only have Engine, and Oil light on and maybe the Wrench - check your "monitor" on the Dash Center Console - see if it says anything - like Performance Monitoring Reset in progress - etc - then release the pedals - and wait 30 seconds. Turn off key - wait another minute or so - then start your car and see if that wrench returns.

If not, treat it like you've just done an oil change - gingerly drive the car for about 10 minutes or so and see if the "Wrench" light returns.

This pedal reset procedure in is your owners manual under Oil Change - Reminder Reset

OP
B
City
Jeffersom
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 fiesta
Thread Starter #3
It’s a yellow wrench and the center console comes up Engine malfunction

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
And no DTC codes... Hmm...

Is yours a MANUAL transmission or Auto?

Had a "Wrench light" come on when I first got my car as new - took it in they said it was related to a "A-B" starter interlock switch and takeoff feature.

Apparently one of the "plunger switches" that work in both the Brake light pedal switch assembly and when you press in the clutch - if one plunger isn't seated, goofs up the systems ability to prepare the engine (Kicks up RPM) when you release the brakes and begin to release the clutch, this also affects how the Hill-Assist works in how long the brakes are applied as you begin to move from a stop on a hill (preventing rolling backwards)

It won't set a DTC because this is a SPECIFIC condition to the Body Control Module.- nothing wrong with the engine, but it affects drivability.