Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

White line 22mm rear sway bar install....

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
It arrived in a bag with the attaching hardware

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #2
The required tools are a 15 mm socket and wrench an 18 mm wrench a floor jack and a pair of Jack stands. And a couple of 18 to 24 inch long 2X4's.
I used a hoist. But it might be easier to do with the stands and a floor jack.
The second image is the attaching hardware.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #3
IMG_20200607_195902.jpg
Support the chassis on stands and take the load off the axle by using the floor jack and a short 2x4 tucked into the v of the beam. Jack it enough to take the weight off the shock absorber lower bolt.

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #4
The lower shock bolt is a 15 M. Once you get the bolt out, push aside the shock to clear the path for the bolts to be dropped through the existing holes.

Attachments

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #5
Once the bolts are dropped through the existing holes, you can put the spacers on. I was working alone, so I used a bit of masking tape to hold the spacers on while I placed the anti-sway bar into position.

Attachments

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #6
The anti-sway bar bolts should be torqued to 95 ft lbs.
The lower shock absorber can be repositioned and the bolts installed and torqued to 85 ft lbs.

Attachments

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #7
A couple of views of the completed install. This was much less hassle to install than the Eibach axle beam stiffener that I had to measure and drill four large holes through the axle beam in order to install. I am going to evaluate this piece for possible use on another Fiesta project I am working on. I don't know if I will end up needing it, but I want to have this one ready to go.

Attachments

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #9
Welcome to the forum. I think the one you have is the same as the Whiteline piece. Just different powder coating color. I have a different Eibach bar.
This one is more of an internally mounted beam stiffener. It did get the job done. But required me to drill four large holes in the axle beam to mount it.

Attachments

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #10
Have you seen the rear bar that Hotchkiss offers? It is similar diameter, only it's hollow. So lighter weight. I might get one of those to compare it with the solid one we have.
Did you change your front sway bar bushings and or add adjustable end links in front yet?

City
So Cal
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta S 1998 Ford ZX2
Have you seen the rear bar that Hotchkiss offers? It is similar diameter, only it's hollow. So lighter weight. I might get one of those to compare it with the solid one we have.
Did you change your front sway bar bushings and or add adjustable end links in front yet?
I have the seen the Hotchkiss bar. It would be interesting to know how the hollow bar fares against the solid version. I see the Eibach bar you have. It looks more like the Pierce/TB torsion bar types. I haven't added poly bushings to the front or adjustable endlinks either. Have you?

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #12
I have the seen the Hotchkiss bar. It would be interesting to know how the hollow bar fares against the solid version. I see the Eibach bar you have. It looks more like the Pierce/TB torsion bar types. I haven't added poly bushings to the front or adjustable endlinks either. Have you?
I have also wondered about that. In my 2011 Fiesta the Eibach was a huge improvement and the only easily available choice (in early 2011).The addition of OZ wheels and shaved Dunlop Direzza ss tires really sharpened the steering response. The Ford M-FR3-FA Fiesta handling pack became the weak link immediately after I got those items bolted on. The Ford kit was ok as a street driven package, but the damping rate was not compatible with all the changes. The best way to describe how it felt on the street is "twitchy". I didn't change the front ASB. I just tightened it up to be more balanced with the now tighter rear behavior. So, it got a pair of Energy Suspension poly frame bushings and a pair of Powergrid adjustable end links.
The frosting on the cake was the availability of Koni Sport dampers. I contacted Koni North America several months prior to receiving the Fiesta, they didn't have the coming Fiesta in their U.S. product development schedule. I offered to send them some parts for evaluation and measurement ahead of sending them my Fiesta for fitment.
The Koni Sports are truly superb. They really tie all the other changes together.
There are a few other things I plan to try in the future, but that will be done on a different Fiesta yet to be aquired.

Last edited:
City
So Cal
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta S 1998 Ford ZX2
Do you still have your Ford Handling kit springs on (after putting on the Koni Sports dampers)? I'm waiting for the stock struts to degrade before I upgrade. I haven't seen the ES FSB busings, but I would assume they're similar to the Powerflex bushings. *Just saw the part number on your other post. The FSB bushings look like they're some work to install.

Last edited:
OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #14
It's not too tough to install the front ASB bushings and brackets. Just put the front end up on jack stands and work from the backside of the subframe. I used a subframe that I was refurbishing because of the difficulty of getting pictures of the front ASB bracket area's.
Yes, I have all the bits and pieces and kits. You should be able to get a really good deal on a set of ST stock coil springs off someone on the Fiesta ST forum's right now. Those ST springs and a new set of Koni STRT dampers would be far better than the M-FR3-FA kit!