Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
That's why I say it's a PITA - the number of pieces that have to be removed, is necessary to get access to a part that weighs less than 2 ounces! Please don't try to "pry" it out like I did - you can't get enough oomph to press in back into - locked into, place once it's loose - you can crack it trying to do so. The Front Grille is a lot like Peeling an onion, it comes off in one big shell, but peels off trim pieces layer by layer. If you're not careful you can even damage this trim stuff making the Radiator housing come loose and unsecured - not what you want to deal with or have it hauled to the Dealer - the laughter you hear from their back break rooms can be deafening...The US version of the Grille is a LOT harder to remove, so it' easier to remove the whole skirt and front trim - to obtain access. Once you're there, you can relocate that little sensor to wherever you wish - just close to moving air and not directly in the path of debris or sunlight rain and other hazards - it will work just fine.
Gonna take a peek at this today. If I can just get it to the harness and unplug it, I can place the new sensor in a better/easier location; I don't need to remove the old sensor.

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Wow. You're really pissed that the ST is such a great car.
It's one for the record books. Such a quick, reliable car.
Mine makes twice the power and 3 times the torque, and is stone reliable, more than yours.
Good luck in your future endeavors.
I am? Thanks for letting me know...

I thought we were comparing go karts to street cars?

Now you're trying to tell me how much better your car is than mine? You can put your dick away, I don't play swordfighting.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Guy's. I will take the blame for this. I pointed out that the FiST rolled off the showroom floor with some rather ahhh. Shall we say, surprises. The kinds of surprises one expects a rather neglected 10 year old car to experience. I didn't say it couldn't become a decent track toy. It just wont be a particularly long lived one unless it gets several expensive upgrades and is maintained with a very high degree of diligence.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
I am? Thanks for letting me know...

I thought we were comparing go karts to street cars?

Now you're trying to tell me how much better your car is than mine? You can put your dick away, I don't play swordfighting.
You really love to shit on STs. You always do. Fact.
Why? They're incredibly great handling, very reliable cars.
1620972000238.png

Last edited:

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Guy's. I will take the blame for this. I pointed out that the FiST rolled off the showroom floor with some rather ahhh. Shall we say, surprises. The kinds of surprises one expects a rather neglected 10 year old car to experience. I didn't say it couldn't become a decent track toy. It just wont be a particularly long lived one unless it gets several expensive upgrades and is maintained with a very high degree of diligence.
It's a good track toy right out of the box. They had a few issues, but with a '16 or later, you're golden. Lots of '14s still racking up the miles.
If you're serious, you'll need to do some upgrades that anyone who tracks their car would do. You can leave it stock and not look stupid in autocross.
All I've done is increase power, improve the drivetrain, and stiffen the chassis just a little, and some interior bits.
It's a hoot, and nothing's going to break, other than the blend door actuator, someday.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
LOL.

I do love taking hot steamy dumps on the hoods of peoples cars. You got me.
The thing that intrigued me the most about the Fiesta ST saga in North America was that the version of Fiesta that sold in the greatest number was the basic Fiesta. The basic Fiesta got a polite to lukewarm reception from media.The media and enthusiast community let out a great wail for Ford to bring over the ST version. The FiST being a genuine superstar in in Europe.
So Ford brought it to America and didn't dilute the formula or design one bit, in spite of the need to make many detail differences from it's original configuration.
The press loved it! But, enthusiast community didn't show up!
The FiST got literally tens of millions of dollars in positive free media on every platform across multiple domains. The list price actually went down! Dealers didn't have any particular fondness for it and were happy to cut their margins. And yet it never sold more than around 4,500 units at its peak! My impression of the whole thing is that Ford pulled a "put up or shut up" on the inexpensive performance car buying market.
And those cheap f%×*÷#s that always bitched about not having the ability to get a quick car at a reasonable price just decided that it was still 2 grand too much. The reality is that they never would have been able to get a car "cheap enough" because they still have their late grandfather's Cavalier hatchback to chug around town in.
I will put a finer point on the above exchanges by saying that the two versions of the Fiesta were both different from each other, and outwardly similar. This has created the effect of the Fiesta having some appeal across a huge range of buyers. That is a very uncommon thing. But, tends to not work very well as far as everyone having a very tightly aligned opinion of the Fiesta.

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
What sells right now in the US? Not drivers' cars.
Yes. It is completely over. The manual transmission cars sold going forward will be in the "not cheap" category. If you like your ST and plan to hang on to it. Buy parts! Ford is going to cancel the parts supply ASAP. I think that the big ticket items to have on a shelf would be a dressed cylinder head assembly(inc turbo/ manifold) and a catalyst with pipe along with an engine electrical harness and the ST specific pcm.
I also believe that the rear axle beam and rear disc brakes will be made out of unobtainium as new parts very soon as well.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
The good news is that the engine and tranny are used in lots of models worldwide, and are quite reliable.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST

PeteD

City
Carterton
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2002 Mk5 Hatchback 1.4
Hi, lost my job and the full time use of the company van due this covid pandemic. Purchased a good little 2002 1.4 as a run around. Ideal, tidy steed for what I need it for as the family car is a Volvo and we do have 3 classic MG's for fun.
Recent issues with the Fiesta has led to a bit of head scratching but will get there with it.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Welcome to the forum. While we don't have the modern era fiesta prior to 2011, i would start the troubleshooting by confirming the charge level and condition of the battery. A weak or defective battery will cause a multitude of problems and straine the alternator.
I would be locating the various ground connections and getting them cleaned and protected by either petroleum jelly or a commercial anti corrosion treatment for electrical systems.
Give consideration to the age of the car and be critical of the condition of the motor oil and coolant. The throttle body and intake should be closely inspected and cleaned. The air filter element and airbox it sets on should be clean and free of debris.
All hoses should be scrutinized for cracks and cuts. The transmission should have the proper amount of specific fluid. This should take the weekend to complete!
You should have a good idea of what the car requires after this level of scrutiny.
Cheers!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Handy Andy General Automotive Discussions 10