Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The condition you are describing sounds like you have worn ball joints. Sloppy ball joints often feel like a steering rack looseness under acceleration and throttle lift.

City
greeley
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
1979 Ford Fiesta
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. But when the mechanic looked at everything, he said it all felt solid. We shall see!!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. But when the mechanic looked at everything, he said it all felt solid. We shall see!!
I would get a second opinion. Being a first generation Fiesta, your car probably has very high mileage. Many components could be worn past their reasonable lifespan. Including the CV joints in the drive axels. The steering rack and it's mounting bushings the ball joints in the control arms and even the bushings for said lower arms. My dad's 80 Fiesta required new upper strut mount bushings by year three. You really want to view that car as a senior citizen! Because it's old. Original parts that don't often need replacement may very well be tired out and potentially deadly! Just this week I replaced the lower control arms on my 2002 Focus hatchback. The ball joints were shot AND the arms were rusted to the point of being weakened and deadly dangerous.

rooSTer

Premium Account
Hey! Some pictures for ya!

It’s not a transmission slip. I thought it could have been something in the alignment, but the guy at the shop said that everything was good. He also mentioned that his dad had the same car and that the steering column (or something about the steering system) could be causing the problem. So we shall see!
Looks awesome! Love it.

SGP1

City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Fiesta ST
Hi everyone thanks for having me as you can see my car was hit and now its time to rebuild. Im looking for some parts and pieces to get her back on the road . any thoughts?

Harvick

Hi everyone thanks for having me as you can see my car was hit and now its time to rebuild. Im looking for some parts and pieces to get her back on the road . any thoughts?
What parts do you need? Have you checked both ebay and rockauto?

SGP1

City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Fiesta ST
What parts do you need? Have you checked both ebay and rockauto?
No Harvick. I have been looking on Ebay but didn't know about Rockauto. I will check it out . Thank you !

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Welcome to the forum. Some of the basic sheet metal can be found on Sherman parts.com.

SGP1

City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Fiesta ST
Hi thanks for letting me know but i checked it out and I can buy same parts at ford for around the same price as they are asking . Thank you

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Greetings!

Welcome to the Ford Fiesta Forum. Please take a moment and introduce yourself, tell us what you currently drive or just say "Hi".[welcome]

Thanks again for joining, and welcome aboard!
Thank you for that welcome.

New owner of a Ford Fiesta SE - 2019 model.

Thanks for hosting a site such as this.

:+> Andy <+:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Welcome to the forum. Did you choose the sedan or hatchback?

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Oh, got the Hatchback...

Got Pups...will travel...

Back Seat Barkers - sort of thing....

Miles of :)'s back to you!

What I Drive
2013 Fiesta SE Sedan
Hi! Had my 5-speed SE sedan for a year now, and I want to mod it. But, can't find anything, nor do I know where to look.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hello and welcome to the forum. Ford performance parts is still offering some suspension kits and such. The biggest improvements to the basic Fiesta are in the suspension and wheels. The front anti sway bar bushings are very soft. Polyeurathane replacements are available at any good auto parts store. Eibach company has rear axle beam stiffener bars that give you a close equivalent to the stiffness of the ST rear beam. A smooth induction tube and low restriction air filter element will have a noticable performance effect for not much money or effort. I have also found that using a high quality full synthetic oil, changed on a regular basis, goes a long way in preventing future issues with failing camshaft timing phasers. Just good basic maintenance and care will get you a reliable vehicle for many years.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Handy Andy General Automotive Discussions 10