Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Rota Slipstream bitten by pothole...

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I ordered up a replacement Slipstream wheel and a back-up rim yesterday. Didn't originally intend to buy a pair.
The store manager told me that the minimum number of sets required to have this supply of a specialized Focus/ Fiesta/ cougar wheel fitment restocked are too expensive for such a slow selling item.
The pandemic global shutdowns and the increased costs are starting to filter through the aftermarket wheel industry.
I am just happy getting a couple of the handful that are available.
I still really like these wheels. Im definitely selling my Fiesta ST, but these are going to be a nice upgrade to a basic fiesta i am going to get in the future. 20220508_125331.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
What is their offset?

They do look nice...what did it cost you?

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #3
I think they are +40. They drive really nice. Going from the heavy stock wheels and tires to these feels like losing a load of bricks!
I had to buy a pair because they only had just the one set of satin black 15x7.5 wheels.
With the increased shipping cost it was around four hundred and change. But, i prefer to not dwell on that part of the situation. I now have a replacement and a spare! I will probably never bend another one.
They don't have the "street credibility" of a set of 18 or 20 inch wheels. But, they are wide and very lightweight.
20210419_092659.jpg
20220511_170429.jpg

Last edited:
OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #4
Wheels were at my front door this afternoon. Other than the paint color they look great! 20220512_140518.jpg
20220512_140526.jpg

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
7.5 inches!

Wow that is wide!

1652404212686.png
40mm Offset - did I Read that right?

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #6
Yup. In my opinion, The only aspect of this particular wheel that falls short of "perfection" is that it's not forged aluminum. It would be even lighter if it were forged! But, the price would be much more. This wheel stood "exactly right in the middle" of the scale between cost, width- diameter and weight for anyone that wanted a light and relatively wide wheel , for a Fiesta,, that is suitable for either street use or track duty.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Well, put some sneakers on those rims and see what it looks like!
:unsure:

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #8
The Dunlop Direzza survived the impact. So, i plan to remount that and finnish wearing out the set of them on my 2011 hatchback.
Im seriously considering a set of either Michelin or Bridgestone low rolling resistance type tires for my O.Z. Ultraleggera rims. I haven't seen any reason to try out that type of tire until the current price increase in fuel.

Last edited:
OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #9
Drives good. So now i have to make the color match the other's!
A little #600 wet sanding to give the Rado Grey base coat some tooth.
Then wipe and air dry before I mask off the areas i don't want silver. I get everything i don't want to paint masked off and give it a final wash with solvent.
Then i spray the color, working on the tight areas first moving on to the face and rim last. 20 minutes later i give it three coats of eurathane clear and its done.
I don't paint the backside of the wheel. Material costs and labor time being the main reasons.
Plus, i have really come to appreciate that the least amount of paint on something that will probably be scratched or chipped up and need to be refinished in the future is a lot less work. 20220528_183221_HDR.jpg

Attachments