Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

RIP - POSTPONED INDEFINETLY 2019 Fiesta S Sedan - Manual - Project Baby Beluga

OP
Devastate
City
West Allis
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta S
Thread Starter #21
Understandable. I hope you collected a fair sum for the Fiesta, and I hope you have safer travels with your new car.

The Taurus is a fine car. Not as nimble of course, but it looks great and has plenty of pep with the V6. I know you'll take care of it.
Thanks guys! They ended up pretty much paying off the car, and I got a little money in addition to that. I think it all worked out in the end thankfully.

My last car was a Mercury Montego so the taururs is pretty similar to that. I for sure love the fiesta I just needed something larger for my life.

If you look, this one has the "SHO" Front grille. Looks really nice.

What do you guys think about the E85 thing? The car has "flexfuel" capability. From what I understand. E85 burns cooler, combusts faster, and it equates simply to more power less MPG, and its cheaper than regular gas I think? Is that a okay generic overview?

Last edited:

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Pretty much what I've heard. I know there are people on the ST forum who love ethanol blends and get tunes for it. They make more power and get worse mileage. I think E30 is the big one. I have no experience with it, so I can't say how much of a difference it makes.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Being a daily driver having to use a Flex Fuel vehicle - although the E85 is only 2 points lower than the Gas-87 octane - there is minor performance differences in the Ethanol blend having somewhat less "energy" or pep to it's step. To me (IMHO) -when you fill up using regular Gas - that does make a difference in how GDI systems (Direct inject) respond.

So it's subjective.

But we're all going towards more ethanol in the fuel we use anyways - at least that is what our current administration wants.

To step back to the original story...

Sorry for the loss, I know you had plans for it. But when you're now a Chauffer for others and also for to make a living - you'll find a larger Sedan is far more forgiving in road messes and people tend to give you some space At least they can't say they didn't see you hiding behind their phone as easily. The ones riding along with you can take a nap while you drive around "Ms. Daisy" - so there's something to be said for a bigger quieter ride.

Man, what a story you have for this! Glad to see it turned out more positive for you and I feel you made a good decision.

We wish you the best!

Last edited:
OP
Devastate
City
West Allis
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta S
Thread Starter #24
Being a daily driver having to use a Flex Fuel vehicle - although the E85 is only 2 points lower than the Gas-87 octane - there is minor performance differences in the Ethanol blend having somewhat less "energy" or pep to it's step. To me (IMHO) -when you fill up using regular Gas - that does make a difference in how GDI systems (Direct inject) respond.

So it's subjective.

But we're all going towards more ethanol in the fuel we use anyways - at least that is what our current administration wants.

To step back to the original story...

Sorry for the loss, I know you had plans for it. But when you're now a Chauffer for others and also for to make a living - you'll find a larger Sedan is far more forgiving in road messes and people tend to give you some space At least they can't say they didn't see you hiding behind their phone as easily. The ones riding along with you can take a nap while you drive around "Ms. Daisy" - so there's something to be said for a bigger quieter ride.

Man, what a story you have for this! Glad to see it turned out more positive for you and I feel you made a good decision.

We wish you the best!
Even though my chapter in life with the Fiesta was short, It sure was fun. Who knows maybe one day I'll return and get another little puddle jumper if and when the time comes I need a small reliable commuter car. I appreciate all your guy's time and advice with everything. Again going to miss coming here and checking out all the posts and replies.

And it sure is a hell of a story, that is for sure. In my life it seems when it rains it pours.

C'est La Vie.

Take care all.