Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

No heat

Todd

City
Winnipeg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 fiesta
2015 Fiesta engine is coming up to temp, I confirmed that blend door actuator is working, I assuming that heater core is clogged anyone have any success reverse flushing these heater cores? I would imagine replacing it will be a very expensive job so hoping I can unclog it.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I would try to reverse flush the heater core two or three times before diving into it's replacement. The difficulty of replacing the heater core is one of the stronger reasons that I do coolant flushes every two years. The cooling passages tend to shed material as it heats and cools. The aluminum also has a tendency for helping the coolant become a corrosive agent when it's allowed to remain in the system for an extended period of time.

Last edited:
OP
T

Todd

City
Winnipeg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2015 fiesta
Thread Starter #3
Yes that is the first thing I am going to do, which of the 2 hoses going into the core is the inlet hose?