Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

New Clutch in DCT

Jo Ann

City
Waterford
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta SE
I just had a new clutch put in my 2012 Fiesta SE and what a difference, drives like another car. No shuttering or lurching and so nice to drive a car and not have the stress of worrying about the car going through a stop sign when I applied the brakes, which happened several times, or lurching into the car ahead of me during a stop. Very pleased with the Ford dealership that fixed the car; they had it done the same day and gave me a 2020 Ford Explorer as a loaner. Loved listening to Sirius XM on the loaner, but come to find out my Fiesta has the Sirius button but is not equipped with Sirius XM. Not sure why they put the Sirius button there, only to display it was not available on my car. I am in New York State and the dealership gave me a two-year warranty on the clutch with unlimited miles so happy about that. If anyone knows how I can listen to Sirius XM in my car and what I would have to do, it would be appreciated. Thanks. Jo Ann

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
It's great to hear that you had a good outcome. Just drive it like you are in a bit of a hurry. Try to avoid tentative or feathering of the throttle. That behavior has a tendency to confuse the controller about what you are wanting it to do. And in the process of doing that it begins to "unlearn" your driving behavior.
If you have a sync button, you have sync. The owners manual describes how to open the vehicle information menu to retrieve the sirius xm id code to allow them to set up an account and then activate the receiver for you.

OP
Jo Ann

Jo Ann

City
Waterford
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #3
It's great to hear that you had a good outcome. Just drive it like you are in a bit of a hurry. Try to avoid tentative or feathering of the throttle. That behavior has a tendency to confuse the controller about what you are wanting it to do. And in the process of doing that it begins to "unlearn" your driving behavior.
If you have a sync button, you have sync. The owners manual describes how to open the vehicle information menu to retrieve the sirius xm id code to allow them to set up an account and then activate the receiver for you.

OP
Jo Ann

Jo Ann

City
Waterford
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #4
I have been doing what you say and not babying the car from a stopped position. I followed the owner's manual and I kept getting a message it was not installed. I did call Ford up and they checked my VIN number and said my vehicle was not equipped with Sirius XM. I went to the Sirius XM site and put my VIN number in and got the message "Sorry, Sirius XM has not been pre-installed in your vehicle." Apparently because it has a Sirius button does not mean your radio is equipped for Sirius. I read where all Ford Fiestas have that Sirius button but that doesn't mean they have Sirius capability. Hope somebody can prove me wrong but that is what I have been told. MY SE is loaded and I am really surprised I don't have it.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I could not recall what spec codes needed to be selected to get certain equipment when I ordered my 2011 Fiesta. So, i dug out the window sticker. I thought that i also 20210606_080334.jpg had to get the premium sound package which upgraded to 6 speakers and an 80 watt amplifier.
But i was mistaken. The Sync feature is separate and not combined with Sirius XM. The satellite radio was coupled with the Ambient lighting feature.
So, it's entirely possible that your Fiesta doesn't have XM radio if doesn't also have the ambient lighting feature. The good news is that you should have no trouble adding a piggyback xm radio receiver. They used to be called "Roadie". They were sold online or at T-A truck stops and Flying J truck stops. And yeah, XM radio is great. They have every genre of music with the exception of Ska', Gregorian chants and whatever passes for singing in that sub Saharan tribe that vocalize in a series of clicks off the roof of their mouths.

Last edited:
OP
Jo Ann

Jo Ann

City
Waterford
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #6
I looked and I don't have the ambient lighting feature. I wish they would leave the window sticker in the car to see what the car has and the repair history of the car so I don't have to wonder about things. I will check out the info you gave me and see if I can come up with something. Probably a unit that I could play in the car as well as home. It was great to listen to and I was surprised on how many stations were available. Thanks for your help; much appreciated.

OP
Jo Ann

Jo Ann

City
Waterford
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #9
Had my sirius radio installed and love it. I can see everything behind the radio so nothing is blocked. They hard-wired it to the existing radio and have to say when I saw that they took the original radio out with all the wires hanging out, I got a little nervous that everything was put back right. But the Geek Squad did a great job; took almost two hours and it sounds great thru the speakers. I just push the Auxillary button to change the original radio to Sirius. So small and easy to remove from the car.

Attachments

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I am glad to see that they could get that installed into the Fiesta! Sirius xm is the perfect road trip companion thanks to the variety of genres and the fact that it never needs to stop and pee.

OP
Jo Ann

Jo Ann

City
Waterford
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #11
I agree. I'm glad I followed through with it and bought it. Wouldn't be without it now.