Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Limp mode - Transmission Malfunction

emoran

I’ve had a nightmare to deal with. “Transmission malfunction” error, limp mode, stuck in park then won’t start for an hour... I’ve spent the last 3 days on & off the side of the road not sure what will fix it ., replaced the battery, but found the ground was loose possibly causing the recently described issue. So I’m disconnecting the negative battery cable overnight to see if maybe it just needs to reset the UO101 error message.

OP
E

emoran

Thread Starter #3
... after tightening the cable again it started but I received a “Transmission malfunction” error message again, with the wrench highlighted on the dash.
So if it was indeed a loose (very) cable running from the ground that caused the error messages, it would seem that it would have to be reset now.
I am going to have it towed to the dealership.my warranty ran out so I can only hope it isn’t in need of replacing the TCM.