Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

What goes in there ? Help needed on '99 model rebuild

edaddi73

City
Gif sur Yvette
State
Non-US
Country
France
What I Drive
Fiesta mk4 1999
Hello

I am trying to put back together a Fiesta MK4 Zetec from 1999. My son and a friend dismantled it to change the engine seal, but left it there sitting for months afterwards.
When getting to it myself and finally putting everything back together, there is an empty entry for a tube of some sort. Please see picture and red arrow pointing to it.
The location is in the front, at the right of the injectors and some 20cm below them.

Not sure if something goes there and got lost, and where it would connect to. There are 3 similar entries all close in the same regions, and I could find their use for 2, but one is left.

I suspect it is connected with the fuel system and injectors, as currently the car has no compression in any cylinder and does not start, but it run before dismantling. Also, when trying to crank and start there is air strongly flowing out of that thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best
Emanuele

IMG_6035.jpg

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
That is probably a vapor line connection for the evaporative emissions capture from the intake manifold. You need to find or purchase the specific vapor impervious black plastic line and connector fitting that is needed for that exact place. It will be a tube that is formed to fit exactly.
This missing part wouldn’t cause “no compression”. I have to recommend that you find a shop manual for your Fiesta. The identification of components and the other information it contains is critical to the reassembly of your Fiesta.