Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Intermittent clutch.

City
Boksburg
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
2014 ford fiesta
Hi all, my 2014 fiesta, eng. number ct77, has an intermittent clutch problem, stays on the floor but can be manually pulled back up to carry on driving normally, no fluid leaks visible, mechanically the clutch is working normally, I am suspecting the clutch master cylinder, don't really want to just replace parts without definate diagnosis, any advice highly appreciated.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Read this thread - It's lengthy but read the WHOLE Thread - might help you get your legs under you to be ready for a workout on trying to repair this yourself - or at least get an idea of what the Mechanics will be working on when you bring it to the shop.

https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/manual-transmission-clutch-problem.7865/post-24570

I will stress this again, be sure to check the carpet and sound deadener padding in and around the clutch piston and its' master cylinder assembly - any wetness signals a crack or a leak in a seal - and you are draining fluid - from your MASTER Brake Cylinder reservoir that also feeds that same brake fluid to your clutch.

If it's wet, you're on borrowed time.