Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Installing a double din radio

City
London
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2007 Ford Focus SE
Hey everyone,

So Im new here, Ive had my focus for 6 years, it's goodtime to besides the paint peeling, just had the brakes done and an exhaust leak, sounds like new again. Anyway. Im looking at getting a double din radio head unit for my car, it measures 9 inches diagonal, so I get a head unit that is 7 inches or 8 or 9. Sounds stupid to ask, but I just don't know.

Also, are they difficult to install? I had one arrive today from amazon then when I was inspecting it, I noticed it did not come with a backup camera, and I found it would be less expensive to buy a head unit that came with a cam, so well I just got home from returning to it to the post office.

But now im on the search again

the measurements for the radio are 9 inches diagonal, and going downward its almost 5 inches
what is the correct measurement I need?

please help
Im in Ontario canada

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Some people who have Fiesta's, myself included, are also starting to look around for a radio install kit for the Fiesta. The first Generation of Sync is getting old, some harddrives are failing. Plus, many people want all the features of Sync3 including a reverse camera, Navi and maybe a WiFi hotspot. And we would also like to keep the redundant controls in the steering wheel. It's a tall order. I would have to guess that just a proper looking face panel/housing and the removal of the original audio equipment would be several hundred dollars, before you even get the actual head unit itself.