Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ford has issued a statement regarding more affordable EV's are coming.....

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
They are saying that something around twenty to twenty five grand list price is their objective. I will believe that when I can see and touch it.
There's no great demand for electric vehicles in a volume production business case. They are being rejected by the consumer.
Ford has failed to demonstrate the ability to make and sell a desirable and profitable small car in the past twenty years. They have openly admitted that and gave unprofitability as the reason for ending Focus and Fiesta.
I cannot see a single change, process improvement or marketing strategy adjustment that would tell me that they are capable of making a profitable comeback in any compact or sub compact car offering that might result from their efforts, either.
Ford has walked away from so many market segments that they are in danger of being unable to pivot to anything if the market demand for trucks or Mustang was to make a sudden shift.
They are already beginning to get a good taste of what having lots filled with new SUV and trucks that aren't selling, both new and used, feels like.

Last edited:

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Until we have the infrastructure to support it, EVs aren't going to be very popular.

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #3
The whole EV situation would be laughable if it weren't such a tremendous scam.
The government "forced" car companies into designing battery electric vehicles. The basic line that was that carbon dioxide emissions are to be eliminated, zero tolerance. "You can build a combustion engine vehicle, but you won't be allowed to sell it in your home markets". Those quotation marks are what the government told the automotive companies. It was do or die.
All that was brought to bear down on the automotive industry at the same time the government was spending tens of Billions on what they called "infrastructure upgrades".
Only problem was that they weren't actually doing anything that would increase capacity or improved the reliability of our electrical grid.
Windmills and solar farms are intermittent sources at best.
The government has no intention of increasing capacity and no interest in a reliable grid.
None of what I described would have been done if the government weren't on a track to self destruction. The people who did this got rich. That is the only part of this plan that works.