Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ford Fiesta Flite 1.4i 2002 Immobilizer issue?

City
Centurion
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
2002 Ford Fiesta 1.4i 3 door
Good day, i have a ford fiesta flite 1.4i 2002 model that will not turn over when i try and start. I am guessing that it has a immobilizer issue, its a new battery, fully charged, this problem has been coming for a while now and has happened in the past, at first there is a will delay with the start process for a few seconds then it gets progressively worse over time, and after a while it just doesn't want to start, had a new ECU put in about 7 months ago, it fixed the problem for about a month then it started coming back slowly, today it doesn't want to start at all, so I am planning on taking it in for a new ECU but if it broke in the past, then i don't just want to waste money again, i've checked fuses, checked wires,took off terminal connections and put them together for about 2 hours to reset the ECU, still no luck. Any advice is much appreciated.