Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

air bag light not on

steve2021

City
Ross-on-Wye
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2010 ford fiesta
Hi all,

Hope someone can help me please. My airbag light does not illuminate when tuning ignition on and I am getting fault code B00D2:01-8A from using forscan.
I have had the instrument cluster out thinking it was an individual bulb but it looks like a ring of leds so do not think it is that. The car is a 2010 5 dr edge
has anyone had this before and knows what the fix is .

thanks in advance

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
The light on the dashboard, if it's not working does set the code you describe. Yes, these use LED to replace incandescent - but the Ford EDGE you're talking about already uses LED - so the system is thinking there is a circuit failure in the communication - so the light that "sets" the SRS AIRBAG may have been cut - making the light go out, but it does set a code because the system monitors the lights - so if a light is left on and nothing is done - the system may be programmed to "step up" and alert you with even more lights on the dash illuminated and even Ding-Ding to notify you of the severity of the condition.

However if the wire has been cut the system still does a self-check even you turn the key to start (or Push when PRESS START Lite is on) so if the light is not having any power sent thru it to the SRS module, the system sees this as a potential fault and will attempt to light the light - but if the wire to the module is gone, the light and the system internally used to light that light - is causing the fault because the light is not sending any information to the self-diagnostics to clear the condition.

Please understand that I am in the USA, so the SRS Airbag light condition does affect us, but not as to what degree your country may enforce this condition to be considered required repair and or fixed.