Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

B0061-13 airbag light on

Aj1111

City
Ashburn
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta se sedan
I had my car diagnosed and the code b0061-13 came up. I replaced the passenger seat belt retractor and tension sensor with a salvaged one but the air bag light is still on. Do I need to take the car somewhere to have the computer reset?

City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Do you still have the old sensor, you may be in luck, you can diagnose by simple ohmic checks with a DVM (Digital Volt Meter).

The "connector" may still be ok, but is the wiring ok?

This sensor uses a "variable resistor" set up like a divider to check "tension" on the seat belt it's with. IF one of the wires has opened up or is damamged and is shorting out - these conditions causes the voltages the SRS "Expects" - to be out of normal range and sets a trouble code.

You just need to see if voltages are getting to the unit in it's connector, and they can return to the SRS sensor under the main console under the E-Brake handle - if that harness is damaged or not plugged in, there's your reason, just reset/fix the connector and then you can also restore the OEM connector and see if it will clear the code.