Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

ActiveX or S Line?

City
Yateley
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta Ghi 1.4
HI, I'm in the market for either of the above, having owned another Fiesta since 2009 [and it still going!!....] but I'm missing all the niceties of current motoring [like working Air Con, being able to play spotify through the stereo rather than through headphones from my iphone, that sort of thing... :) ]

I like the style of the S Line [155bhp], but also like the styling and extra bits and bobs you get with the Active X 155bhp [apart from the approx. £1.5k or more uplift in price compared to the S Line - both would be in the 21reg or newer

I've had my current 1.4Ghia since late 2009 at 9k miles, its now on 133k miles and still gong [recently had a NOS exhaust to replace its original] and would buy either of the above and keep for about the same length of time

Should I stick with the S Line original choice or go for the more left field Active X for the extra bits? what would you do?

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Too bad you live across the great pond, I'd buy your Ghia!

I would stick with simple, for the reason that since the most unstable element in the ENTIRE universe is...Human.

1680565143222.png

You can't even classify it...

So to prevent further injury to your pocket book - I'd say keep it until you can't use it anymore.

The new stuff is great if you're a young kid and can sit at lights for several minutes at a time trying to D/L a file or update - else you'll usually get a toot or run over from someone else wanting to be first at the next stoplight.

I know that doesn't help you - but distracted driving is a Human Element you don't want to mess with.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
In the States we only got mk7 and 7.5.
As I understand it the Active X option is really more of an appearance package. Slightly increased ride height and more aggressive tires being the most functional aspects.
I always go after the features that give me the most useable and comfortable car for my needs without buying things that don’t do anything except add cost.
Panoramic glass roofs that don’t vent or open are a prime example of zero function and high cost.Wheel diameter greater than 16 inches doesn’t offer any real benefit and will be shockingly expensive to repair, replace and maintain.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
In the States we only got mk7 and 7.5.
Seriously?

Oh man! 7.5?

Like as in 7 ½?

Wow! Not even a full Whole number upgrade ... I feel like Mad Jacks Burro, and a half - er ½......

1680568870982.png

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue