Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

AC Compressor issue

City
Edmonton
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta
I have a 2012 fiesta with 1.6. I’ve had the car for right at a year. The AC worked fine until a couple months ago. While idling it will not blow cold air but once you start to drive it will blow cold and as it should. I have not charged it since I’ve owned the car so Thinking it was low on Freon I went and bought some. When I went to charge it I noticed that the compressor clutch was not engaged. My gauge indicated that the system was over charged. I just don’t know how since I haven’t put any in it and it worked fine a couple months ago.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
You could have a failed pressure switch or possibly a failed oriface tube. Both of those issues require a technician to evacuate the system after he has diagnosed it. Unless you have an R134a refrigerant recovery machine and the service tools for the a\c line fittings and a supply of O rings.
This is a specialized area that requires a high degree of skill to service.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I have a 2012 fiesta with 1.6. I’ve had the car for right at a year. The AC worked fine until a couple months ago. While idling it will not blow cold air but once you start to drive it will blow cold and as it should. I have not charged it since I’ve owned the car so Thinking it was low on Freon I went and bought some. When I went to charge it I noticed that the compressor clutch was not engaged. My gauge indicated that the system was over charged. I just don’t know how since I haven’t put any in it and it worked fine a couple months ago.
I had the same issue....warm to hot AC at idle or like at a stop light. Once I got moving it would blow cold but not cold enough. Freon was fine. I just had a new compressor put in...all is cold now. $1200.