Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ford Fiesta Compressor not kicking in

Bytewisp

City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Fiesta
Hi everyone I have done everything on this and other forums related to my problem.

My compressor is not kicking in. I filled the system with Freon, I checked the relay and fuse and I even replace them both, I replaced the low pressure switch and nothing, I check the connector to the compressor clutch with the multimeter and it displayed -14.00volts which I think it’s weird to display a negative reading I switched the pins and It didn’t display anything, so for sure I was in the right pin so I’m suspecting there is something wrong with the wiring of that connector even thought It was working perfectly 5 months ago. I bridged the clutch directly from the battery and it works amazing, cold air comes out from the vents right away. So what’s wrong? I know I don’t suppose to connect that directly but I’m desperate what else I’m missing?

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Is your Climate control system "Manual" or Auto?

Both communicate back, so if you get a tell-tale light of AC, then the PCM is talking back to the Climate control thru the Tell-tale - but the harness to the AC unit from the PCM which has final say, is not talking to the Clutch.

Check for Continuity from F27 to clutch then F27 to Pin 41 of the PCM -(thru that clutch) if that is good, (continuity) then PCM is giving you the fits.

Last edited: