Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2015 SE HB Build

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Thread Starter #62
I have HID lows but am trying to get LED for brights. Having trouble with getting them bulbs installed. The clip is crazy and the aftermarket one no one knows how to install so I am still trying to upgrade that
I will stick them in on Saturday. My understanding is these go right in....stay tuned.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #64
I think the lows are easy to do. The highs have a goofy clip to hold the bulb thats becoming a problem trying to upgrade
They went in ok...tight fit against the housing but once they were seated (twisted in place), no problem. The rubber caps are not completely sealed (95% seated), as the fan housing sticks up a bit; might get the raised covers. Will try them out tonight. BTW, no way you could do low beams in place; you have to pull each headlamp assembly out.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
I used the raised covers, but the driver's side kept popping off. I was able to put the stock cover back on and it fits OK. The pass side is the side that needs the other cover, and it doesn't come off because the radiator reservoir keeps it from coming off.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #66
They went in ok...tight fit against the housing but once they were seated (twisted in place), no problem. The rubber caps are not completely sealed (95% seated), as the fan housing sticks up a bit; might get the raised covers. Will try them out tonight. BTW, no way you could do low beams in place; you have to pull each headlamp assembly out.
The new low beams are WAY brighter. I need to aim the right one a bit. But, very pleased so far. I went to Folsom Cars and Coffee this morning and there were probably 300 cars there; amazing stuff....like this beauty...

20210227_075609-01.jpeg

City
St Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'14 SE Sedan
How did you get the highs to stay in?

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #68
How did you get the highs to stay in?
Haven't bought the high beams, yet. Wanted to be sure I liked the low beams before I bought more. But when I do, I will post something.

City
So Cal
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta S 1998 Ford ZX2
Any pics? I put these in the ZX2 last month but would like to see the light output on the Fiesta.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #71
Adjusted the rotation on the low-beam LEDs. It turns out there is only one way to get these to align in the socket in a vertical orientation (out of 3 total rotation possibilities). Any other of the 2 rotations suck. They are bright!

20210307_140652.jpg

20210307_135155-01.jpeg

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #76
OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #78
My tape didn't really stick until I parked it in the sun for a while.
Yeah it was in the sun for days and it's been in the low 80s a lot of that time...I gave up.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive