Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2015 fiesta ecoboost transmission failure

City
Durban
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta 1.0 Eco boost automatic
Hi
Craig in Umhlanga South Africa
2015 1.0 Fiesta Eco boost 5 door
The transmission warning light and failing gears
System scanned DTC (1)
P090:00-68
Clutch B Actuator Control Circuit Low
The car was driving ok without A/C
Short distances .
gearbox repair company quoted for
Transmission Control Module
Dual clutch assembly
Without stripping gearbox.
Is the scan code correct? If the car was driving ok without A/C surely the damage is still slight ?
Can we drain and replace gearbox oil to tide over for me to get a second opinion?
any suggestions or advice please

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Ok, slow down, don't panic...

When this first starts to happen you did the right thing by "scanning" for codes and we need you to pay close attention to what the DTC is and the vehicle is trying to tell you.

We don't know the miles on it, nor do we need to, but it can help when it comes to knowing forehand so if this does become a major issue - the recovery steps are to replace the transmission.

But, in the first few "baby" steps, the part I see is Clutch B: Actuator Circuit Low - Key word "Circuit" means just that - a circuit - LOW refers to power delivery - not enough power can be transferred from the electrical side (the motor) to the gear box (physical) So the system thinks the power to the actuator is causing the shifting issues so in it's self-diagnostic it has found this condition - low -power - not enough power to throw the gearbox into the correct gear.

• You have two actuators - A and B
  • One works odd gears - while the other works even gears
  • You should replace both actuators and inspect the transmission housing - if you wish to change the oil you may but you may need to make sure the systems integrity is good so you need to inspect that dirty oil and then determine if changing out the transmission and buy a rebuilt is an easier and simpler option (refer to the mileage on the vehicle) versus just swapping in new actuators and cleaning up rusty grounding points and dirty wiring.

So this means you'll need to replace the Actuator, but also fix and or clean up the CONNECTIONS to this system from the TCM and from the Battery - once power is fully restored - you may be able to continue using the ORIGINAL transmission because you caught this soon enough.

OP
C
City
Durban
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
Thread Starter #3
Hi
Thanks for your reply .
please find attached the quote and parts to be fixed / replaced etc .
As there is a recall on the TCM on my model car , Ford told me that there is an extended warranty cover .
ao please review the quote from the independent gear repair company.
Is the TCM the gearbox ?

Attachments

OP
C
City
Durban
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
Thread Starter #4
Hi
Thanks for your reply .
please find attached the quote and parts to be fixed / replaced etc .
As there is a recall on the TCM on my model car , Ford told me that there is an extended warranty cover .
ao please review the quote from the independent gear repair company.
Is the TCM the gearbox ?
As there is a recall on the factory default

Attachments

OP
C
City
Durban
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
I’m trying to establish if the repair quote and parts to be replaced are part of the TCM , if they are then Ford must replace the TCM for free.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
In many countries, the effort to process a vehicle recall is reciprocal - meaning that the vehicle manufacturer can compensate for repairs under warranty as long as the service required for warranty coverage is done at a shop recognized by the vehicle manufacturer - so you need to do your research and verify the company doing the repair is authorized to do so by your vehicles manufacturer

OP
C
City
Durban
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
Thread Starter #7
Ford have submitted a claim to cover the full repair . The car is still at the Ford approved gear repair store. So we were told our claim was looking very positive and we would have a decision within 24hrs , that was on Wednesday.
However we didn’t hear back 24/48 hrs as the Service center manager has taken a day off and is out of the office until Monday, so we have to await the until Monday. Unbelievable 🙄
🤞Monday will bring good news

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Since many of us live in the USA, we have various "issues" of how the warranty for transmissions is covered - which can vary State by State.

So I (we?) would like to know how this turns out!

Regards!