Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Will a 2015 fiesta DPS6 fit a 2011 Fiesta?

Ieatsand

City
Portland
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Ford Fiesta hatch
Long story short. My fiestas transmission went bad(2011, 135k miles). I picked up a 2015/2016 DPS6 transmission with 50k miles to swap, and I’m curious if it will fit or not. Maybe swap TCM? Different plugins?

Please help!!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Did you check the Hollander parts interchange guide? It would be interesting to know if the transmission controller would require a VIN input that matches the vehicle it is installed on or not.
The dealership service department should be able to answer that question.

OP
I

Ieatsand

City
Portland
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Ford Fiesta hatch
Thread Starter #3
Did you check the Hollander parts interchange guide? It would be interesting to know if the transmission controller would require a VIN input that matches the vehicle it is installed on or not.
The dealership service department should be able to answer that question.
The 2011 model is discontinued and doesn’t have a new part number. The only ones “new” are 2014 and up. I know in the Focus DPS6 the 2012 says the same, however the 2014 and newer fit the 2012. I’m not sure as this is a 2011, and a Fiesta. I was on the phone with Ford for an hour yesterday and he said he can’t tell. They don’t have the information back that far.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Main concern is software compatibility. Not the physical fit/install. And especially if any special work must be done through the dealership service department in order to have the updated transmission and controller work in the earlier Fiesta.

Last edited:
OP
I

Ieatsand

City
Portland
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Ford Fiesta hatch
Thread Starter #5
Main concern is software compatibility. Not the physical fit/install. And especially if any special work must be done through the dealership service department in order to have the updated transmission and controller work in the earlier Fiesta.
ahhh ok. Do you think swapping my TCM onto the 2015 transmission would work alright? Now I understand. Maybe the trans will bolt up but how will it run/drive etc.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
That's what the dealership service department should be able to tell you.
There were several material spec changes as well as software updates and even seal material spec changes in the 11 to 13 Fiesta. The transmission was the subject of an extensive engineering revision by Getrag development engineers.
They should be able to determine what software update level you have on the original control module.
Please post up an update on what you find out!