Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2011 FIESTA SE HATCH: ACCIDENT BUILD

TasiaB.

City
Auburn
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
So.... long story short I was in an accident. There's minimal damage everywhere else except the rear driver quarter/rear panel.

Would it be easier for me to replace the parts and go to a body shop... or trade her in and get a newer car and build on it?

I love my car and would hate to see her go. She's still purring, and only has 140k on it.

I was also hoping to do an ST-look alike with body, suspension and other minor mods. If anyone knows of any companies that have my parts or advice - I'd love to hear it!

She's a great car.

Attachments

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Good images of the damage. You might want to consider the mileage on the odometer before you get crazy and start planning anything like making a faux ST out of that one!
It's not a minor issue that the fuel filler tube is damaged. The inner panel that is part of the shock absorber upper mount is also severely crunched.
None of the sheet metal is an easy/DIY deal. None of that sheet metal is going to be either inexpensive or something that would be easy to remove from a donor car either.
Ford has had some structural parts for the Fiesta on long term backorder. One of those happens to be the tail pan that was crunched on your car!
I purchased a Fiesta SES hatchback for a project that had the hatch and rear bumper damaged. Everything else was ok. It ended up being cheaper to buy another whole Fiesta that was crashed in the front for the parts than buying a mix of salvage and new parts to repair the first car!
So, you might want to consider the one you have a parts car for the next Fiesta that has some minor front damage. That's my two cents worth of advice. Good luck