Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2011-2018 Fiesta Handling Package, Anyone?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
So you corner-weighted using the swaybar? Back in the day, when I corner-weighted, I always disconnected the bars, then reconnected using the adjuster so they weren't preloaded.
To a slight degree, yes. As i shortened the link, it had an effect on cross weights. IE left front shorter made right rear heavier.
That discovery made me relocate the battery to the right rear corner! Then i drained the washer fluid and saw around 7 pounds disappear from the total.
My main goal was getting the Fiesta to stop doing that "dog pissing on a fire hydrant" behavior as i cornered at speed.
Later on, i really liked having both a stock and the added battery connected in post to post fashion to give me lots of power to run an iverter when i camp out.
You can see how the pursuit of one thing can quickly grow tentacles.
And you can also choose to neutralize the bar. You need to have the static load wbere you want it. Fuel level and driver weight are critical to that trick.

Last edited:
OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Thread Starter #22
To a slight degree, yes. As i shortened the link, it had an effect on cross weights. IE left front shorter made right rear heavier. That discovery made me relocate the battery to the right rear corner! Then i drained the washer fluid and saw around 7 pounds disappear from the total.
My main goal was getting the Fiesta to stop doing that "dog pissing on a fire hydrant" behavior as i cornered at speed. Later on, i really liked having both a stock and the added battery connected in post to post fashion to give me lots of power to run an iverter when i camp out. You can see how the pursuit of one thing can quickly grow tentacles. And you can also choose to neutralize the bar. You need to have the static load wbere you want it. Fuel level and driver weight are critical to that trick.
Riverside 1986...the car I corner-weighted, back in the day.
1614403763561.png

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Riverside 1986...the car I corner-weighted, back in the day.
View attachment 4680
I had a poster of one of those on my garage wall!
I was a great fan of BFG T-A tires.
We ran BFG's on our showroom stock C Ford ZX2 through its first season. Then Kuhmo came in with contingency money and we followed that.
I think that the combination of the driver mass, plus the steering column and instrument cluster, washer fluid bottle and the battery, all being located nearest the left front of the chassis tends to magnify the effects of any adjustments we make to that corner, im not a dynamic engineer. But, seeing that on the scales display as i played with removing liquids or moving the battery diagonally, or even something as innocuous as folding down the rear seatbacks had on weight distribution was an eye opener!

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Just give Chip a call. He put my links together out of several bins of parts. He used my stock end link as the dimensional guide. I will be in the area of his shop next week and can pay him a visit to get specific current info.
Let him know you will have at least one customer willing to tag-along with $$$ showing interest...

City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
Love to see more pictures!

Just a few pics. The headlight tint is gone due to it knocking out too much light. I’ve been on the Fiesta Faction forums for a while and didn’t even know about this one lol

2014 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
Cold Air Intake
OBX Header with high-flo cat, resonator, and DC Sports muffler and 2.5” exhaust
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
3M Dark Smoke Vinyl Wrapped Lights

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Let him know you will have at least one customer willing to tag-along with $$$ showing interest...
I will post up a few images of my visit, if they are cool with that. On my last visit he had three Corvette race cars getting various work done on them.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
How did it survive that cold outbreak you folks had down there in the last 2 weeks?

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #28
Looks like you Plasitdipped the grill? Wondering how long you've had it like that. I recently did mine with the plate delete, really liking it. Like the stealthy-look your has.

City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
Looks like you Plasitdipped the grill? Wondering how long you've had it like that. I recently did mine with the plate delete, really liking it. Like the stealthy-look your has.
About a year and a half. It’s starting to lift up in places but I have been thoroughly impressed as it’s the first time I’ve ever used plastidip. My dad and I built a prostreet truck and I know prep is key. Car’s been through numerous car washes without the plastidip being taken off. Do you have any pictures? I’m looking for ideas for relocating the front plate.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #30
About a year and a half. It’s starting to lift up in places but I have been thoroughly impressed as it’s the first time I’ve ever used plastidip. My dad and I built a prostreet truck and I know prep is key. Car’s been through numerous car washes without the plastidip being taken off. Do you have any pictures? I’m looking for ideas for relocating the front plate.
I relocated mine to under my passenger seat! See https://www.fordfiesta.org/threads/2015-se-hb-build.7797/page-2

City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
Ummmm, well, ummmmm.
In Texas, the DPS will pull you over in a heartbeat LOL

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
I’m still ironing out the suspension on this.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Just give Chip a call. He put my links together out of several bins of parts. He used my stock end link as the dimensional guide. I will be in the area of his shop next week and can pay him a visit to get specific current info.
It's very tempting but I've got 3 other vehicles that need my attention and the Fiesta doesn't really need any, other than to maybe be driven more than it is. I'll hit 7k miles soon.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
So you corner-weighted using the swaybar? Back in the day, when I corner-weighted, I always disconnected the bars, then reconnected using the adjuster so they weren't preloaded.
Hey LT! When you setup that race car on the scales, did you add driver weight plus full tank of fuel or go with a 50 percent fill?
I had several setup templates depending on the length of the race and weather and in some cases the venue dictated certain preparation.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #37
We always had a driver of the weight the driver was. So if we were qualifying Baldi, we would grab our body guy because they were similar in weight and height, or Dallenbach it was me, for Wollek, the team manager. We always used a person because just putting weights in the seat was not accurate in a car that sensitive. Then if it was qualifying...what was the fuel we needed for the boost, laps, and track length? For race trim, it was half tank, because we spent almost no time on track at full tanks, right...you run it down leaving pit lane; setting up for full tanks is silly really because that lasts for like 3 seconds. You are on the right track...every situation needs to be validated to decide what fuel amount for setup....always use a driver buckled in the seat...make sure they sit still with hands on the wheel & helmet on...no dicking with the radio(!).

Last edited:
City
Saint peters
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta s hatchback
I have this on my 2014 Hatch. Installed it about 50k miles ago and it settled down nicely around the 17” wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You stole my car i want it back lol. Nice. Mines lowered on bc racing coilovers.

City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
You stole my car i want it back lol. Nice. Mines lowered on bc racing coilovers.
Thanks lol. I’m not sure where I want to go with it next. I love bracket racing, so I may concentrate on making it a consistent car.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

City
Saint peters
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta s hatchback
:(
Thanks lol. I’m not sure where I want to go with it next. I love bracket racing, so I may concentrate on making it a consistent car.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

Sweet..yeah i have injen cold air long tube intake. Magnaflow cat back. 16inch sport edition wheels . bc racing coilovers. Throttle response. Controller. Rear seat delete. Think im gonna run a 35hp wet nitrous system. Its been done btw