Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2011-2018 Fiesta Handling Package, Anyone?

City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
:(

Sweet..yeah i have injen cold air long tube intake. Magnaflow cat back. 16inch sport edition wheels . bc racing coilovers. Throttle response. Controller. Rear seat delete. Think im gonna run a 35hp wet nitrous system. Its been done btw
Yeah. I’m thinking about a 75 wet shot. I have the N2MB 2 step/wot box which will help with the shifting while the nitrous is on. Jon has a nitrous controller as well that can tie in.

2014 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
Cold Air Intake
OBX Header with high-flo cat, resonator, and DC Sports muffler and 2.5” exhaust
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
3M Dark Smoke Vinyl Wrapped Lights

City
Saint peters
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta s hatchback
Yeah. I’m thinking about a 75 wet shot. I have the N2MB 2 step/wot box which will help with the shifting while the nitrous is on. Jon has a nitrous controller as well that can tie in.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
Think this little motor can handle it? I would be thinking 50hp shot would be right at that threshold.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
We always had a driver of the weight the driver was. So if we were qualifying Baldi, we would grab our body guy because they were similar in weight and height, or Dallenbach it was me, for Wollek, the team manager. We always used a person because just putting weights in the seat was not accurate in a car that sensitive. Then if it was qualifying...what was the fuel we needed for the boost, laps, and track length? For race trim, it was half tank, because we spent almost no time on track at full tanks, right...you run it down leaving pit lane; setting up for full tanks is silly really because that lasts for like 3 seconds. You are on the right track...every situation needs to be validated to decide what fuel amount for setup....always use a driver buckled in the seat...make sure they sit still with hands on the wheel & helmet on...no dicking with the radio(!).

Oh yeah! On our Fiesta's, including the ST, there is very little un-drainable fuel in the tank when our gauge reads E and the MTE indicates zero miles! The engine doesn't sputter a few times, it stops! So, my autocross event prep always started with a measure of how many pounds of fuel above the minimum needed to be added! Our cars have a front bias that a lot of fuel sloshing doesn't improve.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Think this little motor can handle it? I would be thinking 50hp shot would be right at that threshold.
The old saying "wetter is better" really applies here! Not sure why though. Nitrous is more of a drag car "thing" the guys i worked with liked to keep the bottles in a secured, cooler type of container in the passenger footwell. Usually covered in bags of dry ice! I believe that this was a dry delivery system. It was almost 25 years ago!
I am woefully out of touch in this area! But I have read that ceramic coating the pistons faces is greatly effective way to avoid damage from detonation.

Last edited:
OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Thread Starter #45
Oh yeah! On our Fiesta's, including the ST, there is very little un-drainable fuel in the tank when our gauge reads E and the MTE indicates zero miles! The engine doesn't sputter a few times, it stops! So, my autocross event prep always started with a measure of how many pounds of fuel above the minimum needed to be added! Our cars have a front bias that a lot of fuel sloshing doesn't improve.
Anybody run fuel cell foam in the tanks? Really slows to the sloshing. We bought it in "bricks" that we meticulously cut like a giant puzzle to fill the ATL fuel cell. Earl's used to carry it. I used to run a Rabbit in AX many moons ago. I knew how much fuel I had at half tank and always AX-ed at the fill. It was probably too much weight-wise, but less and it would sometimes starve on right-handers. Experience is everything.

City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
Anybody run fuel cell foam in the tanks? Really slows to the sloshing. We bought it in "bricks" that we meticulously cut like a giant puzzle to fill the ATL fuel cell. Earl's used to carry it. I used to run a Rabbit in AX many moons ago. I knew how much fuel I had at half tank and always AX-ed at the fill. It was probably too much weight-wise, but less and it would sometimes starve on right-handers. Experience is everything.
Depends on the fuel. Pump gas is ok, but when you start running certain race fuels, especially a methanol mix or E85, the foam needs to come out as those fuels will actually break the foam down causing tons of issues.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
On smaller engines, I will run a step or two richer fuel pill to make sure there’s more than enough fuel. Lean is mean, but with the lack of support for aftermarket ECUs/tuning... that’s about all we can do.

It should be decent.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I considered the foam blocks. But, as Dean said, the ethanol in modern pump gas was a concern to me. I was also using my Fiesta as a daily use ride at the time. Plus, the fact that our cars do not have a serviceable , cartridge type fuel filter, scared me away from that otherwise desirable solution.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I considered the foam blocks. But, as Dean said, the ethanol in modern pump gas was a concern to me. I was also using my Fiesta as a daily use ride at the time. Plus, the fact that our cars do not have a serviceable , cartridge type fuel filter, scared me away from that otherwise desirable solution.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #51
Depends on the fuel. Pump gas is ok, but when you start running certain race fuels, especially a methanol mix or E85, the foam needs to come out as those fuels will actually break the foam down causing tons of issues.
Indycar runs E85, has run methanol, not to mention the toxic stuff F1 uses, and they have foam blocks, so there are blocks that work in those fuels. We ran Daeco & AP av fuel, which was pretty harsh. Loved to pour the remnant fuel into my 914....oh...the...smeeelllll!

Last edited:
OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #52
One could easily add a proper replaceable/cleanable fuel filter. After we would put in new blocks (once a year) we would pump two full tanks dry to get all the swarf out; change the filters and off we go. After the first on-track session, change the filters again, and then not think about for months.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #53
If I ever AX again, I will get foam. I have no issue with it as there are many different foams to buy. Also, the old used foam, or scraps, is THE best for cleaning the car and windshields.

City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
One could easily add a proper replaceable/cleanable fuel filter. After we would put in new blocks (once a year) we would pump two full tanks dry to get all the swarf out; change the filters and off we go. After the first on-track session, change the filters again, and then not think about for months.
Replacing the foam yearly is a huge maintenance item, but your average every day shade tree mechanic who gets a fuel cell with foam usually doesn’t think about it until their fuel system is trashed.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #55
Replacing the foam yearly is a huge maintenance item, but your average every day shade tree mechanic who gets a fuel cell with foam usually doesn’t think about it until their fuel system is trashed.
Well, on a road car I would likely never replace it. The only reason we did any maintenance was...we did. We had to pull the cell out at least once a year to check for chafing and wear, or after a crash that involved that area of the tub. The blocks were fine and they took a beating in there. I call them blocks, but they are really more sponges.

City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
On my Prostreet truck, I have a 10 gallon fuel cell with no baffle/foam. I run with a full tank every time so there’s no worry about starvation. I need the extra weight of fuel to help with traction and no have to stick ballast anywhere else. Friends in the local car club have had issue with the foam when running E85 or methanol for an extended length of time.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
:(

Sweet..yeah i have injen cold air long tube intake. Magnaflow cat back. 16inch sport edition wheels . bc racing coilovers. Throttle response. Controller. Rear seat delete. Think im gonna run a 35hp wet nitrous system. Its been done btw
16fiesta_S has a nitrous system installed on his. I haven’t heard if he’s made a hit on it, but he has a video of the purge kit.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

City
Saint peters
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta s hatchback
16fiesta_S has a nitrous system installed on his. I haven’t heard if he’s made a hit on it, but he has a video of the purge kit.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
Its been on my mind for a while. I just dont see the point of trading this in for a ST. Used like 16k. My car was 13k had it for 5 years and is paid off with 65000 miles. Spent 300 on intake 700 on exhaust. 1000 on coilovers 900 on wheels and tires. So thats 16000 thousand. Plus another 1000 for the sauce. Not gonna be as fast as a ST but still not the price of one and in my opinion a stock ST wouldnt be as fun. I think it would still make you one of the quicker sub compact on the road. The beauty part about nitrous is you can put it on any vehicle.

City
Longview
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta SE
Its been on my mind for a while. I just dont see the point of trading this in for a ST. Used like 16k. My car was 13k had it for 5 years and is paid off with 65000 miles. Spent 300 on intake 700 on exhaust. 1000 on coilovers 900 on wheels and tires. So thats 16000 thousand. Plus another 1000 for the sauce. Not gonna be as fast as a ST but still not the price of one and in my opinion a stock ST wouldnt be as fun. I think it would still make you one of the quicker sub compact on the road. The beauty part about nitrous is you can put it on any vehicle.
I just wish the 5 speed gear ratios were closer without the big 2-3 gap. I’ve been shifting into 3rd about 500rpms higher than my normal shift point to try to keep the engine in the powerband.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I just wish the 5 speed gear ratios were closer without the big 2-3 gap. I’ve been shifting into 3rd about 500rpms higher than my normal shift point to try to keep the engine in the powerband.

Cold Air Intake
N2MB Two Step
FRPP Suspension
17” Focal with 205/45s
The fuel economy oriented gearing was my biggest frustration! I am searching the specification sheets of other, past Ford products that used the IB-5 transmission. Those the 2 and 3 ratios may be better in some other applications. The situation was very limiting in the Fiesta for people who autocross or attend track events.