Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Stall after fill up

Katt33

City
Cincinnati
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta SE
Hello again! I have a question in hopes someone can help me again 🙄. The last 3 times I filled my gas up my car would start then before I can go it dies then acts like it doesn’t want to start it hesitates . What can be happening? I have an appointment this week to get a tune up and a fuel flush in hopes it helps. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance .

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Several things...

Poor fuel, water in fuel, onto things like a poor seal back at the filler neck where the no-cap filler neck is cracked or damaged or your EVAP system needs to be inspected to see if a leak formed or plugging happened.

IF possible - try to use a bottle or two of ISO-HEET (the RED bottle) the one with Isopropyl alcohol in it on this fillup tank and on the next one too. See if IT may help with starting and prevent the freezeup - at least it is a cheaper attempt to try to fix the hesitation and cold-start problems than to have them get paid to tear apart your fuel system to find a plugged inejctor or water and rust in the fuel line.