Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Honeycomb grill install

City
seattle
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Hi all so a little bit of info i have a 2016 SE hatch. I dislike the chrome on the front grill and nowhere else on the car, so i decided to buy and install a black honeycomb grill from ebay (i believe it is modeled after the Zetec s) My question is does anyone have experience with installing an aftermarket grill on their fiestas and how would i go about keeping my front license plate with the aftermarket grill? Any help or experience is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Toby

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
You bought a honeycomb grill from eBay that was specifically for the Zetec S?
I presume that it was shipped from the UK. Because we never got a Zetec S version for America.
The grill is held in place with many friction tabs that grip the perimeter of it. I doubt that it will fit into the North American specific bumper cover. But, give it a very careful shot!
If it fits, post a few images.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
You will need a moving blanket - those 5 foot X 4 foot or 5 foot square (Harbor Freight, Lowes or Home Depot) so when you remove that apron/skirt - you can lay it, fall onto, rest on, the blanket - so you don't scratch it up on the pavement.

You'll need several tools - wobble or flexible extension to obtain reach to get at the bolts that connect the apron to the body.

• Check the extensions for fit, and remember how far the reach is from the socket on up to the outer finish paint job, you might want to tape off the portion of the extension that rubs against the finish paint job so it doesn't ruin or chip the paint.

A Torx #27 (Star) Driver to remove the headlights, a set of sockets in range from 8mm to 13mm to handle the assorted number of hex head screws and bolts - and patience. It might be a good idea to have a trim tool or trim pry bar - to help remove the various push pin trim fasteners in both wheel wells that hold the Fender well protector if necessary. As well as the trim tool to use to push the tabs thru and release the 3 layers of fastened plastic - the main trim fastener or holder, then there are the two trim sets of fasteners one for Chrome front piece, and the black support trim piece - and you'll have to remove the main support piece and their three layers Black fascia, Chrome and Black back support to even get the trapezoid off the front skirt.

And some time to view the various You Tube videos showing how others have taken apart their front apron/cowl/skirt - and try to not make the same mistakes they have done - heed their corrective advice