Wipers don't cover the windshield

I only recently acquired a 2014 Fiesta SE, and noticed that there's a good sized spot (about 3 sq. in) at the lower part of the windshield that is neither wiped by the left wiper nor by the right. It's not important with rain, but it would cause an ice build-up when it's snowing. At first I thought the little right-side wiper was the wrong size, but I measured and it's the correct 15".

Is it considered normal and acceptable?

Last edited:

MKVIIST

Administrator
I only recently acquired a 2014 Fiesta SE, and noticed that there's a good sized spot (about 3 sq. in) at the lower part of the windshield that is neither wiped by the left wiper nor by the right. It's not important with rain, but it would cause an ice build-up when it's snowing. At first I thought the little right-side wiper was the wrong size, but I measured and it's the correct 15".

Is it considered normal and acceptable?
Yes its normally. I've had mine for over three years and no problem.

MKVIIST

Administrator
24" Front LH Wiper Part# WW-2430

16" Front RH Wiper Part# WW-1613

12" Rear Wiper Part# WW-1204

Kind of triangle shaped in the middle bottom. It doesn't block you view. I forget which wiper, but I had a new wiper on the shelf from a past car that was one inch bigger, I put it on and worked great. I think it was the drivers side.