Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

WINDOW NOT GOING DOWN

City
LAS VEGAS
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
2011 Fiesta

Driver's rear window goes UP but not down. Seems like NOT a fuse since the motor operates (up) and since the other three windows work fine. Seems like NOT the switch since neither the front nor rear door switch will lower the window. It's NOT the motor. (We replaced the motor and it also goes up, but not down).

Wires LOOK intact.

Lost.

City
Philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Fiesta SE
This may not be your issue, but a long time ago, I had a 95 Thunderbird with a similar issue. Window would go up reliably, but only intermittently go down. It turned out to be a wiring/ground problem in the door, where the motor and window regulator were strong enough to deform the armrest with the control away from the door itself. This moved the wiring harness a bit and effectively rendered the switch inoperative. I was also in southern California, so the temperature factored in. It was eventually fixed by disconnecting/reconnecting the door harness, using some bulb grease, and anchoring the wires really well.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
1681124498864.png

And to help...

The wiring to the motor only has two wires, so it (the switch) REVERSES polarity to make the motor change direction.

So it may be back at the MASTER SWITCH that the wiring to that rear door is from - is suspect.

1681124624227.png