Administrator
Leave it stock

OR

Lowering Springs

OR

Coil-Overs

R

rodmoe

I sent the shock ride height measurements and spring rates 6k/4K to BC Racing so each set will look and ride just like the prototype set I spec'd out. I set the ride height at a 7/8 drop in the rear, 1" drop in the front. There is plenty of room to slam the car but thats not my style.
Sounds like a bit of movement Here is the LINKY to the thread over in a different Forum.. Joe also put a Wilwood BBK on his car already too looks nice .. If I recall he tracks his car at or near Road Atlanta so he does have track savey in that he has driven FWD cars with some power at speed :) just sayin is all he has done what I plan on doing just maybe not to the degree he has gone into it :)

W

wheelhopper

Leaving it stock for now. The car handles well. I have driven it on track completely stock. I don't see why anyone would want to lower it. The car sits lower than most stock cars I have seen.

D

dberte79

Option 4, Koni sport shocks if they become available, I know they are looking at euro shocks they already sell over there to see if they can be used on USDM cars right now.

W

wheelhopper

No on the Konis. I hate those things. Adjustable shocks are a PITA. I had them on my TT Mustang and got rid of them for a custom valved set of Bilsteins. 99% of buyers for the Konis will never take the time to adjust them correctly and then if you track it you should adjust for each track and weather conditions. No thanks.

D

dberte79

well I fall within the 1 percent who spends his time adjusting/ getting custom revalves to make shocks work and yes I soften them in rain or on particularly rough lots,bilsteins can be good. But I prefer Konis myself, especially since I can get them rebuilt once a year for only the cost of parts.

No on the Konis. I hate those things. Adjustable shocks are a PITA. I had them on my TT Mustang and got rid of them for a custom valved set of Bilsteins. 99% of buyers for the Konis will never take the time to adjust them correctly and then if you track it you should adjust for each track and weather conditions. No thanks.
I think most people who drop the $ for a set of single adjustable shocks do so EXACTLY because they want adjustability. Even the basic Fiesta is transformed on a set of Koni Sports! There is a reason Koni was O.E. on Shelby GT350. Or you will also be able to choose the "self adjusting" STR-T dampers for those who dont want to risk a bad decision.