Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Turbo SE

City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta se 1.6
I have a question about putting an st turbo on my se I have the turbo and piping and I am custom fabbing as I go but what all else do I need? Injectors? And tuner? Someone help I know it’s better to buy an st but screw that this is more fun

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
You'll pretty much have to buy an ST anyway, you'll need the entire engine, drivetrain, exhaust, computer, and wiring harness from one.

OP
B
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta se 1.6
Thread Starter #3
You'll pretty much have to buy an ST anyway, you'll need the entire engine, drivetrain, exhaust, computer, and wiring harness from one.
Just to put a turbo?

OP
B
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta se 1.6
Thread Starter #6
Yep....it is no simple thing...plus, you need the right badges and seats, too! [driving]
Agreed but I just want to do the turbo I don’t do easy projects. I don’t want the seats and etc just turbo

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I don't know this for sure regarding the Fiesta motor but generally speaking, cylinder compression is lower on a turbo motor (different pistons & chamber shapes). Really, you need the whole package. It's not like bolting a turbo on a '77 Rabbit. It's far too complicated a system to just bolt on a turbo and hope it will work like the symphony an ST is. Certainly, you can try but there's a reason there is no kit you can buy to do this.

OP
B
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta se 1.6
Thread Starter #11
Will a 1.6 turbo head fit on my 1.6 na

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
It might physically bolt up. But, that doesn't get you a turbocharged Fiesta. As Lions tooth explained, it is far more complex than bolting on a cylinder head and turbo manifold. I own both the "Basic" and an ST Fiesta. They are very different from each other. The biggest disappointment for me on the basic Fiesta was learning that the engine controls are "locked". And, because the ST was released to North America, there will never be a plug and play remap, a Chip or a piggyback ecu made available to the public. The basic Fiesta 5 speed is also simply not geared properly for much of an upgrade, it is not really very good on large autocross courses in stock configuration. You hit the rev limiter in 2nd gear and when you grab 3rd gear, it falls out of the power band and just bogs out. The Powershift dual clutch transmission is better on big courses. But, that one has some serious torque capacity issues. So power upgrades would smoke the transmission pretty quickly.
If you are a committed lunatic, feel free to post up the results of your efforts when you have a running car! But I am not going to be investing any time in answering questions. If you take on big projects, you are the chief engineer. You are also the mechanic and the project budget manager!