Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Tuning chip

Marsho.gd

City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se hatch
I have found a tuning chip that Finaly allows somewhat of accessible tuning. Compared to the hp tune for the s/se it’s Verry well priced. I have used this tune in 2 differnt fiestas (2011 and currently 2016). I will leave my tune specs and the link for the tune here. Feel free to message for more questions

*Speed adjust 108%
*speed offset 102% (this is non needed unless you have differnt sized rims. All speed offset does is mess with speedometer. If you get rims and tires that arnt factory you will need to adjust this)
*fuel 110%.
The tune automatically changes maf settings to adjust for fuel adjustments. This tune works amazing and defantly serves its purpose
https://www.performancechiptuning.c...e-chip-module-obd2-lcd-monitor-for-ford-2005/

Also does anyone here know how easy it would be to do a automatic transmission to a manual transmission on a 2016 fiesta s?

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I have found a tuning chip that Finaly allows somewhat of accessible tuning. Compared to the hp tune for the s/se it’s Verry well priced. I have used this tune in 2 differnt fiestas (2011 and currently 2016). I will leave my tune specs and the link for the tune here. Feel free to message for more questions
*Speed adjust 108%
*speed offset 102% (this is non needed unless you have differnt sized rims. All speed offset does is mess with speedometer. If you get rims and tires that arnt factory you will need to adjust this)
*fuel 110%.
The tune automatically changes maf settings to adjust for fuel adjustments. This tune works amazing and defantly serves its purpose
https://www.performancechiptuning.c...e-chip-module-obd2-lcd-monitor-for-ford-2005/
Also does anyone here know how easy it would be to do a automatic transmission to a manual transmission on a 2016 fiesta s?
Are there specs for horsepower & torque upticks by model & year?

As far as the switch to a manual goes, easy is a relative term. I have a lot of mechanical experience and I would call it somewhat difficult. The hard parts are making sure you have all the parts and making sure the wiring loom that is in the auto is the same as the manual. There could be a Youtube vid on it. I am sure someone has done it. Just gotta find the information and pitfalls.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I dont think that the effort would be worth the cost to swap an auto to a manual. The harnesses are different. The instrument cluster is vin coded and will have issues with the change of controllers. I suppose that the vin coded items could be rewritten with the M\T vin. Not really sure of that. I would rather just find a manual transmission fiesta that is for sale and just do "paperwork".
The chip is much more attractive to me than disemboweling two Fiesta's.

OP
Marsho.gd

Marsho.gd

City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se hatch
Thread Starter #4
Are there specs for horsepower & torque upticks by model & year?

As far as the switch to a manual goes, easy is a relative term. I have a lot of mechanical experience and I would call it somewhat difficult. The hard parts are making sure you have all the parts and making sure the wiring loom that is in the auto is the same as the manual. There could be a Youtube vid on it. I am sure someone has done it. Just gotta find the information and pitfalls.

i am going to take it to dyno next chance I get to see exactly how much horsepower gain I’m getting but I know it defantly better than stock. On the year they will do the soft where and do the obd wire to match your cars system. Just make sure to include make model and any mods that increase power or drivability like wheels or a cold air ya know. When they send it from factory they setting percentages will be lower. The tuner I brought my car to tuned it to what I have now and said it will safly operate with no troubles with the numbers I provided and you can defantly tell a diffence.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
A close friend of my Brother lives in Houston. He had a shop called "Houston performance motorsport" install a supercharger kit and tune up on their dynamometer.
For what it's worth, he is happy and my brother says that the Mustang is a nice driving car with all the power a guy could want.
If i were you, contact a couple of dyno equipped shops and ask if any car clubs book time for dyno work. Then contact the events guy in the club and see if you can join them that day. Many clubs will book a day of time for members and then people who are signed up for a slot either no show or have car problems that puts them out.
Many clubs dont mind open slots being filled. They had to buy a set number of hours to get a given cost per member. They still have to pay for hours but the cost per member goes up if theres fewer members. It's just like a "group buy" of parts through an enthusiast forum!
But you need to arrive at the shop ON TIME.
Have your car PREPARED to go to the dyno.
Know what you have installed is functional.
Plug wires good? Spark plugs, new or recent?
Air filter element clean and all intake hoses attached?
Bring basic hand tools that you use on the car.
Make sure that the drive wheels are not out of balance or bent.
Make certain that the drive tires are in GOOD condition. No slices or bulges or cracked sidewalls.
A dyno technician can and should refuse to run a car with unsafe tires.
Try to get a vehicle spec sheet to fill out a few days before you attend the dyno day event. It is good to have the items you have either serviced or altered listed on the sheet. Even if it's just for your own reference.